Enduring The Pain.

Start from the beginning

"You- what?" My smile faded, I looked at him with big eyes.

"I'm sorry Spence," he did mean it, but I couldn't stay in his presence. I turned right around and ran for the stairs.

But I didn't get there.

Reece was too quick and wrapped his arms around me and took me off the floor kicking and screaming. I'd started crying, I didn't want anyone else to know! I didn't want to explain to a police officer that I'd been letting somebody abuse me for the past two and a half years!

"Calm down Spence," he was speaking softly in my ear, I didn't want to listen, "you have to calm down. I'm sorry, but you need to do this."

I stopped struggling. I stopped doing anything. Reece took this as a good sign and took me into the living room, sitting me on the sofa.

"Fine."

After a while of taking in the information I sat in silence for a while. Waiting. When I'd calmed down I finally started to help Reece out with the packing of the house.

When I'd finally decided to start helping and figure Reece, I started to sing along to the song playing, starting to dance  around the living room with Reece's smile beaming at me from the doorway.

I picked up box after box, dancing around with them as if we were doing the tango and placed them in different places of the room. Reece joined in after a while and we started to pack up the books first. It was the heaviest objects and we thought it'd be best.

There was a certain book that caught my attention, 'Mythology; Facts, what's to know.'

As I went to open it, there was a knock on the front door. I stopped instantly.

"Wait here," Reece stopped me from going to answer the door, he went himself and I could hear the murmuring from the hallway.

"Spence," Reece called after a few minutes of their murmured talking, "come here."

I walked out into the hallway, there stood two police officers with Reece. One was female, and one was male. They were both tall, with bullet proof vests and a hivise jackets on over the top.

"Spence, this is-"

"Detective Caine, and this is Detective Moore," the lady detective told me, pointing to her partner as she said it.

"I take it you have something to tell us, or you wouldn't have called us here I take it?" Detective Moore asked, and he followed me and Reece as we went to sit at the kitchen table.

"Yes," Reece began, but again Detective Caine interrupted him.

"I would like to hear it from the horses mouth, if you don't mind," she said with a rather strained smile.

"Of course, Spencer," he turned to me with a reassuring smile, taking my hand under the table while I talked.

It took me a long while to explain everything. I wasn't explaining it in order, it was just coming out as I was thinking of it.

After an hour of me speaking, trying to explain and tell them everything, I was done.

"Okay," Detective Moore stood, shaking both of our hands, "I think that is all. We will contact you in a few days time in order to tell you how this case will be proceeding."

"Thanks," I mumbled, I didn't wait for them to leave before I went back into the living room, towards that book.

Before I could flip it open though, the front door was slammed and it was snatched out of my hand and buried in a box. I looked up and Reece was trying to cover up that he had just done it.

"What - I wanted to read that!" I spluttered, Reece looked over at me in mock innocence, as if asking what I wanted to read.

"Tough luck," he said with a smile, "get on with it. We don't want to be doing this forever you know. Those police officers were here for longer than I anticipated, we haven't actually got all that much done today."

"I know," I sigh. We carried on goofing around after though, it was slowing us down but it was fun, it was normal. We were drawing pictures on the boxes and then having to scribble them out if they were rude, when our mum came home she joined in. She smiled for the first time that I'd seen in months.

By the time nighttime fell Jessie was sleeping soundly from the long day of constant playing and mum ordered in pizza for us.

When we sat round the table, mum talked to us about work and told us everything we asked. We ate pizza, played music only in the dining room and mum asked us questions about our day.

"Why are there scribbles on the boxes in the living room?" Mom asked us when we had finished eating, and only sat in the dining room in silence.

Me and Reece both looked at each other before laughing.

"We were er... Drawing on the boxes. Sorry," my mom raised one eyebrow, but she smiled anyway from the looks on both our faces.

"Mum-" I went to tell her what we had done today, but the happiness was even shorter lived as the front door opened and Steven walked in. Our mum was instantly on her feet, taking his coat.

He pushed her away though, his coat half hanging off as he grabbed a slice of pizza and stuffed his face.

"Why don't you sit and eat with us?" Mum asked him, he only grunted and looked at me with a glare.

"Not if this faggot is sitting here," he sneered, Reece went to stand but I stopped him by grabbing his arm.

"Don't say that," mum said, she was close to tears already and I knew she was only keeping things sweet until we left without him, for good.

"Say what? That you have a faggot as a son?" He asked, it felt like my heart was constricting, it's not like I haven't had people say things about me being gay before, it just meant it hurt more every time.

"That's enough," Reece stood from his seat too quickly, slamming his hands on the table, "you have got to stop saying that crap about Spencer or you're gonna have your ass handed to you on a silver platter!" Reece was yelling by the end of it and Steven looked vengeful.

"Why you little-"

"Little what? I'm not little! I'm not Spencer! You can't come around here and hit me, I'm not small enough for you to use me as a rag doll!"

"You wanna bet?" Steven came round to the side we were standing on, he squared up to Reece while I was pushed behind him.

"Please, stop," my mum begged in the background, but nobody stopped on her account.

Steven went to hit Reece, but he ducked and missed, I didn't see it coming. My head hit the floor, and the last thing that I saw before blacking out was Reece jumping on Steven.