3. Racial Purity

'That's far enough,' said the leader of Henri's elite Bean guards.

The prisoner halted and was made to kneel down before the open pit. His stomach roiled as Henri, the evil apple approached from behind. 

'This will be the last thing I ever see,' thought the prisoner as he stared at the snow covered ground, noting that some kind of animal had been here not so long ago. It's paw prints were fresh, as if it had wandered to the edge of the pit to take a look, then wandered off, its curiosity satisfied.

The Bean leader was talking to Henri. 'We found this one agitating amongst the villagers - it calls itself a pineapple.'

Henri did not like that at all. 'This ... subhuman claims applehood?' With one swift stride the evil apple with a goatee had moved in and struck a telling blow to the back of the prisoner's head. 'Swine!'

The prisoner was knocked over and his glasses fell off. Henri however had hurt his hand on the creature's rough and spiky skin.

'Master, are you alright?'

'Silence Captain!' screamed Henri as he rubbed his hand.

'You cannot stop us,' said the prisoner softly as he raised himself back up to a kneeling position. 'Do with me as you will, but know this ... more of my kind are coming.'

'Your kind are abominations!' Henri raged. 'You dare claim to be an apple? Why you're lower than a mixed skin red-golden delicious.'

'No, not apples. Pineapples,' said the prisoner. 'We have been watching you for a while now and we can do what you cannot.'

'Oh and what pray tell is that?' demanded Henri as he motioned for the Captain to pass over his luger.

Still facing forward, the prisoner spoke with calm assurance. 'We have found a way to cross the dimensional void. Our scouts have traveled here and to another universe where mixed fruit run free. A universe you yourself have observed.'

'No! It cannot be ... you have seen the despised banana? Well, this changes things ... you will tell my scientists how I may cross dimensions to track and kill that yellow bastard.'

'I will tell you nothing but mark my words Henri. Your days are numbered. The pineapples are coming and you will face a swift and  terrible reckoning.'

His words and a deep realisation that the alien would never break, fueled Henri's ever present monomaniacal rage. 'If you will not talk, what good are you to me?'

'Beware Henri. Your days of evildoing are numbe...'

Henri pulled the trigger and the prisoner fell into the pit.

Without a word, the evil goatee bearded apple pulled his fur around his green skin, turned and walked back towards his castle. His Bean guard fell in behind him and followed.