|37|~Thrilling Kill~

Unedited.
Claire POV.

Have you ever had a near-death experience? The moment when your life flashes through your mind playing different scenes flickering in and out like a movie. You're here and there, sort of somewhere in between. It's a terrifying yet exciting type of thing. That's exactly what I'm experiencing right now as we fall at least 1,300 ft from the sky.

I automatically release a scream as my stomach drops. I don't know if I'm screaming out of fear or screaming because of the thrill. I have mixed emotions. Either way, the speed of the fall is animated and frightening.

My hands rise up into the air, as Mecca tightens her arms around me. Her glowing yellow eyes are wide open, alert. She looks like a cat woman, which is quite interesting, with her being a she-wolf and all. She is basically the cousin of a dog.

Hahaha. Leave it to me to turn a life-threatening experience into a laughing matter.

The air pressure hits my face, smacking me back to reality. The speed, the height, the force of the wind, and the intensity of the drop make me scream louder. This is not how I imagined my life to end. I mean, sure this is totally a kick-ass way to go out, but only a crazy person will actually go through with this.

Bingo, Claire!

Mecca is the epitome of crazy. Actually, she's dangerously insane. Well, okay maybe insane is an understatement. A mad maniac suits Mecca best. When the hell is this going to be over? I swear to God this fall seems to have no end.

As if on cue, Mecca's two feet hit the ground gracefully.

Gosh, this woman has doggy powers, catty eyes, and the techniques of a swan. Meanwhile, the human—and I mean I—is clinging to the animal woman, Mecca, like she is the air I breathe. I really, really, really want to choke her to death. But under our current circumstances, I don't believe I can even manage to move. I'm still in utter shock.

"I can smell your fear, brave human," laughs Mecca.

Yeah, no shit, Sherlock. She just jumped off a freaking skyscraper with me cradled in her arms. I'm sure the entire building can smell my fear at this rate.

"It's not funny. You could have killed me! You're a psycho! Lunatic, crazed, and deranged."

She holds her head back, laughing her ass off.

See? That's exactly what I'm talking about. She is crazy!

"Relax. I was just having a little fun." She places me down firmly on the ground.

Relax? Oh, I'll show her relaxing.

Right after, I kick her doggy female nut. I don't care if she won't actually feel anything. She's lucky she is a she instead of a he because I would have really kicked her in the balls. That's my new signature move by the way.

Anyway, let's get back to the crazy doggy that likes to jump. Gosh, she really freaking jumped and she still has the blanket wrapped around her. Even I must admit that's some cool sh*t.

Mecca smiles at me like she knows what I'm thinking. And I could only thank God that she really doesn't.

"Just give me a warning next time," I tell her, turning my attention to view my new surroundings.

We are in an alleyway. It's dark and a completely different world from the front of the buildings. There are no shining, glistening city lights. There is no entourage or beautiful vampires waiting to take pictures of you. It's silent, but I can still sense animals running through the trash cans, and I believe I just saw a gigantic rat. Even my human senses can smell the stench that lingers in the air. It's jeepers creepers creepiest. The chill in the air doesn't help the eerie vibe or feelings that I seem to be incapable to shake.