Imagining Destruction ch 4

______________________________

I landed roughly on the floor, my savior and I voicing our pain.

"Ow..." My savior muttered from behind me. I zipped my head around. It was Peter, Chris was behind him, helping him up.

"Jane, how did this happen?" Chris asked. I was in a daze, tears welling in my eyes.

My eyes widened as I realized what I had done. I imagined.

"I saw the beware sign on the door and..." My voice trembled. Chris groaned in frustration and I hung my head in shame.

"It's alright. Are you feeling ok? I've ran into one of these before..." Peter inquired.

"You have? What're they? Are they common?" I asked eagerly.

He sighed. "I call them dwoors." He stated.

"Dwarfs?" Christopher asked.

"No, dwoors." His expression was dark. "They search your soul until they find your weakness, and once they do, they use it against you, luring you closer to them so they can eat you. This goes back to what I said before. Although you imagined an eating door, you probably didn't imagine this monster considering you've never heard of one. Everything has to come from something." He stated. There was a long silence except for the munching of wood. He then spoke quietly to me.

"Are you okay?" He sounded genuinely concerned, and considering he's gone through the same as me, I believed he was seriously worried. Tears welled up in my eyes again, threatening to spill. I wiped my eyes sniffled before raising my head high, turning towards the door, and closing my eyes.

For a moment I only saw black, but then quickly gathered a mental picture in my mind of my surroundings. I couldn't simply make the door burst into flames, I was in a tree and that would cause to much trouble. If I made it become splinters, someone could get hurt. Saw dust would be a pain, and you can't make a door disappear like you can goons. People for some reason are different. Either way I have to figure out a way that won't cause damage to people, or the building, only the door. I thought for a few seconds when it hit me suddenly. I grinned and opened my eyes.

"Be gone." I stated sternly. For a second nothing happened, and the door began to chuckle. But it suddenly froze, it's mouth frowning. And then, "Poof!"

Paper butterflies floated to the ground, the crowd in the hall gasping and then catching them in their hands. Smiles appeared on everyone's faces. Everyone's except Peter's, Christopher's and mine. Peter took my hand and led me down the hall, Chris in tow.

We entered Christopher's room, Peter shutting the door behind us. Silence. I broke down. Tears streamed down my face as the vision of my parents smiling faces appeared in my mind. It played over and over again as I collapsed to the ground, holding my face in my hands. Both Chris and Peter stayed next to me, not saying a word. I trembled, hiccupping every so often. My sobs seemed endless, and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't forget what I had seen.

They didn't say a word to me, just sat down next to me, patting my back and comforting me. When I ran out of tears, I was exhausted. My eyes were red and puffy, my body felt as if I just sprinted seven laps around a football field.

"You're going to be okay. Just let it all out. Cry, sigh, yell, anything that will make you feel better. Are you tired?" Christopher asked. I nodded my head yes.

"We'll escort you back." Peter suggested. I only nodded. They both helped me up off the ground and led me to the end of the hall. "If you need us, you know where to find us." He gave me a small smile before turning and walking away. Chris looked down at the floor before speaking.

"Um- I don't know what its' like to experience something like that, but I'm sorry you did, and I can imagine it must hurt and- well I'll let you get some rest. Good night." He muttered shyly. I nodded once again as he turned and walked away.

I looked at the entrance to my room and sighed. I had some explaining to do to my roommate. I closed my eyes and imagined branches coming together to form a thick wooden door. I opened my eyes and softly said, "Appear." The branches and twigs moved along the walls and attached themselves together in a woven pattern. I sighed. It would have to do, and besides, it was kind of pretty.

I pushed it opened and entered into the room. It was dark but I could see a bunk bead with someone asleep below, covered in blankets. I didn't have anything with me so I removed me shoes and climbed into the top bunk. There were no blankets or pillows, and the air crept in through the cracks in the walls.

I sighed and pulled my jacket tighter around me. I was cold, but I was also tired. So I would fall asleep soon enough. I rested my head on my arm and pulled my knees up to my chest. It was going to be a long night.

"Aw, I forgot to get an autograph from Peter..." I closed my eyes after muttering and fell fast asleep.

***************************************

A bugle sounded in the distance, along with groans and mummers of "Ten more minutes you stupid bugle!" and "Where's the snooze button..."

I snuggled deeper under the blanket and sighed as it sounded again. Wait...blanket? I shot up straight and look down. A thick wool blanket was covering me. Did my roommate put this on me last night?

I looked around the room. It was painted a neutral yellow that seemed to soak up the sunlight that poured in threw the window. The window wasn't painted, it didn't even have glass. I was made purely of branches, no particular shape but if I had to name one, I would say a large square. I looked at the furniture in the small room.

A dresser was shoved into the corner and had books on top of it. Not just a couple here and there, they were stacked. Next to the dresser was a bench that had various items on it including a primitive bow, a quiver stuffed to the max with goldenrod arrows, a pocket knife, and a leather vest that normally is worn under armor. Yep, all of your every day various items.

I climbed half way down the latter and then jumped the next three feet. I didn't realize how tired I was until I hit the floor. On my bottom. I rolled over onto my front and pushed myself off of the floor.

"Good morning." A voice said behind me.

________________________________________

Sorry about this chapter being short- the next one will be longer. But can you blame me? Three chapters in one day, I'm on a role! And very few people have looked at this story so far haha. But Thank You to the people who have read this far!