Chapter 15

*I miss u. Skool sux without u here :( get better for me. <3*

Naomi sighed as she sent the text to Miles as she gathered her books at the end of the day for homework. He had caught the flu which was starting to become a widespread epidemic at Curtis High, and had been out for three days already. It had been a week since Spring Break ended---Thursday, since her date with Miles at the movies...since the intense sex she and Darryl shared in the men's restroom. She shook her head slightly at the coitus memories to stop the heat that was starting to spread in her body. 

She wished more than anything to stop what she had with Darryl. She tried to avoid him, but his knowledge of Miles's absence was for too enticing for Darryl to not take advantage of. Over the past week, they had probably had sex at least three times in the isolated stairwell---where had she pranked him, then not to mention all the sex they had outside of school. She was glad that her period actually did come, and that gave her a break. She kept thinking back to what he said to her last, You're not the only one full of surprises. I surprise him? He was probably just saying that. She hated not knowing the truth about anything Darryl said to her. How could she surprise him when he's done it all, with about half of the girls in school. It was funny how only a month ago Miles had called her a prissy, goody-two-shoes, and now she was unpredictable. Surprising. Was that a good thing or bad thing?

Her confusion started to make her feel distant and out of it. She wish she had someone to talk about it, but those people were only limited to Darryl. She couldn't tell anyone else. She barely sent the code to Darryl anymore, not caring about the score, and Darryl was beginning to notice. 

                                                                                 *                           *

"Why the fuck are you acting like this?"Darryl growled through clenched teeth as he slammed his fist on his desk that she sat on. 

"Acting like what?" 

"You know what I mean. Are you like PMSing or something?!"

"Ummm...yea."

"Stop. I can tell that you're lying. You know it was part of our deal to 'be willing and ready'. You remember that don't you?" He was angry. 

"What more do you want? You texted, I came over, we did the thing, so can I go now?" Naomi said quietly as she toyed with her fingers, not confident enough to look him in the eye.

"It's him, isn't it? You're little fucking boyfriend? Should I remind you that you came running to me that day saying you wanted this?!" he seethed in anger. 

"Yea, but that was before--"

He cupped her chin and brought her eyes to his. She could see the fury in his eyes, but something else, something she wanted to ignore. "I don't give two shits and a fuck about what came before and what came after! We made a deal and we're sticking to it."

                                                                                 *                           *

 "Hey." Darryl whispered in her ear, startling her from her thoughts. 

"Hi." Naomi greeted impassively as she looked around for anyone watching them. The halls where empty. Great, she thought grudgingly to herself. 

"I got something for you." he said with a grin. Naomi hated him being so tempting. Why the hell is he so good looking? As he dug through his denim jeans' pocket for something, she took a guilty look at the way his muscles flexed underneath his royal blue polo shirt. She gulped nervously.