WroetoStar- Photobooth

Vikk's P.O.V.

Harry tugged on my hand, bouncing up and down excitedly while he tried to drag me outside to the car. He was trying to take me on a date but he was bouncing up and down, trying to drag me out the front door before I was ready. I was still trying to put my shoes on.

"Calm down Harry, give me a minute!" I laughed, stumbling a little as he tugged on my arm, again.

"Come on Vikk, come on, come on, come on!!" He cried, pushing me around jokingly.

"Wait! Calm your farm, I'll be there soon." I grabbed my phone and wallet from the bench, stuffing them in my pocket, and letting the bouncing boy drag me out the front door and to the car.

I was driving, I normally did because he was so excitable and couldn't keep his eyes on the road for long, so I took the task on myself. Harry bounced in his seat the whole ride to the mall, pointing out random things beside the road.

We were going to see a movie for our date and then wander around, do some shopping for a bit, maybe buy some presents for Josh and Simon because their birthdays were both only a week away.

The movie was good, Harry and I both enjoyed it, although there were some quite funny and stupid moments that made us both laugh. We whispered to each other through some parts about how stupid it was and Harry even threw popcorn into the seats in front of us when the people sitting there wouldn't shut up.

After the movie we wandered around for a little bit, wandering in and out of tech shops or shops that we thought might hold something for our friends. Harry was insistent on getting both of them a gag gift, a small but stupid gift, and Josh ended up with dad slippers and Simon with red hair dye... again.

We didn't find much in the shops, we knew we had stuff at home that we had ordered online, but we had wanted to find something more personal for them. If we didn't find anything it wouldn't be the end of the world but we kept looking.

"Vikky! Look! A photobooth!" Harry had let go of my hand and had leapt towards a small photobooth right at the end of the mall. It was plain white, like a cylinder split in half with a curtain on one side. "Please? Please Vikky?"

He pleaded, coming back and taking my hand, dragging me over to the booth. I sighed and rolled my eyes but reluctantly agreed to his pleas, letting him pull me into the photobooth.

We spent about 5 minutes taking cute couple photos, and in one, which was my favourite, Harry was kissing my cheek and I was bright red. There were others, one where both of us were kissing, one where our heads were pressed together and we were both smiling at the camera.

Harry spent a few extra minutes playing around, putting stickers on the photos and writing on them before we printed them all off. The last photo was completely stupid, both of us stick our tongues out and laughing and it was covered in love heart stickers too, but I spent a few minutes laughing at it.

Harry pushed the curtain away and both of us stepped back out into the mall, hand in hand and the photos clutched in my grasp. We were just about to head downstairs to the food court to get lunch when I heard the word I hated the most hissed at Harry and I a few feet away.

"Faggots." A man, a middle aged white man who looked like your typical, everyday soccer dad, hissed, glaring at us.

I glared back at him, continuing to walk away. I had had enough experience with homophobic and hateful people that I knew that I shouldn't reply, I should just keep walking and ignore them and they would just go away.

But to my surprise, he actually started following us down the mall, spitting curses and swears at us. Harry kept his head down, squeezing my hand gently, and all I wanted to do was turn around and yell at the man.

I knew Harry was extremely uncomfortable, he didn't deal well with insults and it was the reason that we weren't out. I squeezed his hand reassuringly, mumbling it's okay under my breath to calm him.

"Faggots!" He yelled. "You're an abomination!"

I spun on my heels and yelled at him, fed up with him.

"LEAVE US ALONE!!! THIS IS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU!!" I yelled, almost spitting in his face. He glared at me and I noticed he was clutching a bible in his hands.

"Repent, confess your sins to God, and maybe I will." I sighed and turned away, really not wanting deal with him. Harry took my hand, glaring at the man and he pulled me away, slipping into a bookshop once we were out of his sight.

He hugged me close and gave me some time to get my anger out by squeezing his hand fiercely. He pulled my head into his shoulder and rocked me from side to side a little, even though he was still upset himself.

I pulled away and looked up at him, noticing that he was slumped over and clearly upset.

"Hey, it's okay Harry, you don't need be upset, I just got a little mad."

"I know." He mumbled. "But I hate people like that." I squeezed his hand.

"Don't we all." I sighed and pulled away a little, tucking myself into his side. "Do you want to go and get an ice cream? Maybe it'll get your mind off it." He nodded.

"Yeah, that's sounds good." The happy smile was back on his face, the thought of ice cream a lot better than the thought of that man.

It took a few minutes but eventually we found a sweet shop that was selling ice cream cones and gelato, although both of us preferred ice cream over gelato. Harry ended up with two scoops, one gold rush and the other cookie dough and I also got two scoops, one French vanilla and one boysenberry.

We sat outside the mall and ate our ice creams, hand in hand, me still wanting to kick that guys face in. Harry knew it too because he let me rest my head on his shoulder and hummed under his breath, occasionally uttering a calming message.

The ride home was quiet and as soon as we made it in through the front door I dropped everything and was dragged upstairs by Harry. We collapsed on my bed and within a minute we were snuggled up together, almost asleep.

"You okay now Harry?" I whispered, nestled in Harry's chest.

"I'm fine Vikky, are you okay? You got really mad..." I hummed.

"I'm okay, I just get really pissed when someone tries to hurt my boyfriends feeling." I saw him smile.

"That's good." He mumbled. I was about to fall asleep when he whispered something else. "I love you Vikky."

I smiled.

"I love you too Harry."