A shoulder to cry on and a smile to make me laugh.. It's just what I need

Part 16:

*two weeks later*

Callum finally felt safe enough to move back into his own house, which Harry was glad of. For a guy who hated Callum, Hailie noticed he managed to be at least civil with him. He even watched a football match with him one day, laughing and drinking beer. As they watched Callum unlock his house, Hailie turned to Harry. "I'm proud of you" she kissed his cheek, before walking down to the kitchen. Harry followed her. "well, he is your best friend, and I know he loves you, so I decided to be nice to him, you know" Hailie giggled, before turning around into Harry's arms, and kissing him deeply. "wanna go out tonight?" Hailie nodded. "just me and you, yeah?" Harry nodded, then hugged her and left to go record in the studio. "see you later babe" Hailie let go of his hand reluctantly. "byee" Hailie jumped up and down. So Harry had remembered it was her birthday. She had to admit, she was a bit worried when she woke up that he didn't say anything, and as they went about their day her worry increased as she didn't get any "happy birthday" from him. But now, she wasn't so worried. Her phone had exploded with tweets and texts. It was now six o'clock, and Harry had reservations for seven. She got ready, and left the house at quarter to seven. She reached the restaurant, gave Harry's name in and was lead to a table. She checked her phone, reading through the messages. Nothing from Harry. Seven o'clock came, but no Harry. She thought he would be stuck in traffic, and decided to wait. Quarter past, half past, twenty to eight. "miss?" a waiter walked up to her. "yes?" she looked up at him. He was young, maybe her age, with brown eyes and dark, straight hair with a fringe that flopped over his forehead. "will your date be joining you tonight?" he smiled at her. She nodded. "he's running late, he'll be here soon" she hoped she sounded convincing enough. He walked back to his manager and began speaking to him. A tear rolled down her cheek, but she caught it before it reached her jawline. Eight o'clock. Ten past. "miss?" the waiter came back over. She stood up abruptly, and he looked shocked by her red eyes. "I know he's not coming. I'm leaving now, you can get the table ready for someone who's actually going to use it tonight" he nodded. She thanked him and left the restaurant, stopping and sitting on the steps. She put her head in her hands and cried. She didn't know which she was more upset about. That fact that Harry hadn't showed up or the fact that he probably forgot her birthday. "Miss Styles? Are you okay?" she looked up to see the young waiter there. "it's Anderson. Do I honestly look like I'm okay to you?" she said. He looked at the floor. "sorry, it's just, I'm humiliated and upset. My boyfriend of over two years stood me up on my own birthday, not to mention completely forgot about it, and now I'm sitting on the steps of a restaurant in my favourite cocktail dress smudging my mascara telling a guy who probably doesn't give two shits" she put her head in her hands again, crying hard. She felt him sit down beside her, and put his arm around her. "please don't cry, I know you're hurting right now, but I bet he has a reason for why he didn't show up" she scoffed. "more like he didn't care" the waiter shushed her as she cried, rubbing her arm soothingly. "what's your name, beautiful?" she sniffed, but smiled. "Hailie, yours?" he wiped a tear stain from her cheek. "my name's Colin" she lifted her head, seeing mascara on his shoulder. "sorry Colin, I got mascara on your shirt" she wiped at it. "don't worry about it, I have plenty more" she giggled. "so, do you need a lift?" she shook her head. "I have a car, thanks" he smiled. "thank you so much, it's rare that I have a shoulder to cry on" she squeezed his hand, standing up. "can I at least get your number? As a friend?" she thought about it, then nodded. He took out his phone, and she put it in. "night Colin" he hugged her again. "goodnight Hailie" she got into her car and drove home. Harry was for it.