Chapter 30

** REBEL SIMMONS POV **

"Sei pronto per questo?!" An Italian woman screamed as she stepped in front of our cars. She was the same woman who was sitting on Dante's lap.

"Rebel What the fuck are you doing? Get the hell out of that car right fucking now." Dante's deep voice boomed in my ear. I scoffed and gracefully flipped of the camera on my windshield. The crowd went crazy with laughter and excitement.

"Rebel I swear to fucking God-" Dante said, his voice was cold and deadly. I rolled my eyes and threw the earpiece in the passenger seat. I flicked the switches on the modified dash, preparing the Nitrous I installed.

"We got one hell of a line up today folks." The Italian woman yelled as she held up an Italian flag.  The crowd screamed and cheered as she arched her back and held up the flag, her bleach blonde hair flying messily.

"On this side," she said holding the flag with one hand towards Stephan's car. "The notorious, reckless, and incredibly handsome: STEPHAN DIRICO!" She said then leaned forward to blow him a kiss seductively. Stephan rolled his eyes at the life sized Italian Barbie, which made her scowl.

"And on this side," she yelled in her high pitched voice. "We have the challenger taking on the second best racer in Italy: some unknown 'nobody'." She said as her hands made air quotes in front of her. She smirked evilly at me as I rolled my eyes in annoyance. Stephan surprised me by honking at her, startling her and causing her to jump. 

"Oi! Shut up and start the race already!" He yelled, making the crowd start laughing and cheering once more. She quickly recovered and held up the large, Italian flag in both hands over her head. 

"Pronto?" She said pointing to Stephan. He revved his engine and nodded in response.

"Pronto Nessuno?" She said, smiling evilly at me as I revved my engine loudly. I was pulled out of my concentration when I saw Dante pushing his way through the crowd. The twins and Angelo followed behind him. He was a few steps away from my car, his face laced with anger as his grey eyes met mine.

"GO!" The Italian woman yelled as she lowered the flag. I floored it, getting a slight lead on Stephan and quite literally leaving Dante in the dust. I heard him let out a frustrated yell over the excitement of the crowd as Stephan and I raced down the tunnel. We exited the underground garage and onto the streets of Italy.

The course was full of twists and turns, with two straightaways in the beginning and towards the end. I swerved through the traffic, Stephan following closely behind me on the wide road. We blew through stop signs and traffic lights before recklessly merging onto the freeway, the first straightaway.

I looked in my rear view mirror to see Stephan speeding up to my right. I looked forward again to see the backside of a semi truck closing in dangerously fast. I quickly merged to the left, sped up, and got in front of it. Stephan was right next to me. He winked at me before hitting his nitro, causing him to fly in front of me.

Gauging the specs on his car, he most likely had 2 nitros installed, a twin turbo, and a V8. So he used one of his two available nitros, most likely saving the last one for the final straightaway.

I flipped the switch for my Nitro, and quickly regained the distance between us. He looked at me, slightly shocked as I smiled at him and passed him once again.

Following the GPS, we exited the freeway and entered a narrow street. We had to go through a faintly lit mountain pass to get to the other side. I heard screaming on the earpiece, and quickly reached over and placed it in my ear.