Chapter 31

August A. Alsina

After I rented a car, I drove to a place that I'd been avoiding for years.

I sat down in front of the grave and closed my eyes.

"Wassam, Nay. I bet you surprised to see me. I'm sawry I didn't come to see you before na. You know I can't deal wit' da sentimental shit. At all." I sighed heavily, "I miss you every day. But I met dis girl and man. She da best bra. She like... She's like you. But nobody could ever replace you mama. Or my baybeh," I was crying now and it was pissing me off, "Man I'm so sawry I let dis shit happen to you, man. I should have stopped it."

I stood up, pacing back and forth in front of Naomi's grave.

"August. You need to calm down." Naomi spoke to me.

"How the fuck I'ma calm down that nigga just killed the closest thang to a daddy that I got." I argued back, pushing the table over.

She came and wrapped her entire body around me and my breathing became least harsh.

"I know it hurts baby. He was like a dad to all of us. But this is not gon' bring him back. You need to learn that it's okay to cry. Okay baby? Just let it out."

I fell to my knees, crying silently to myself. My life was so fucked up to the point I'd ended hers. And the one growing inside of her.

I made my way back to the gravestone, "Thank you. I needed to let that go, man. I love you, Nay. You and our baybeh. And if this shit with MJ don't go how it should, I'll be glad to come be witcha."

I kissed my two fingers, holding it out to her before leaving.

Remy A. Taylor

I woke up on the couch, groggy as hell. I didn't even remember falling asleep. I checked the time on my phone and it was only 6pm.

The door opened and Aug walked in. I stood up, smiling and going to hug him. He gripped me tighter than usual, which took me by surprise but I hugged him back just the same.

When he pulled back, I could see that he'd been crying.

"Baby are you okay?" I whispered.

"I just went to Naomi's grave." Was all he could say and I nodded, understanding.

"You hungry or anything?" I rubbed his back soothingly and he shook his head.

"It's a party tonight that my boys gon' be at. I want you to meet them."

"A party? I don't think—.."

"I didn't ask Remy what she thought. Go get dressed and Ima talk to my mama." I sucked my teeth before going upstairs where our bags were.

A good couple hours later I was ready to go and it was going on 10pm

When I stepped out of the bedroom, Augusts' eyes were glued on me.