1.

1.

The night of the last day of summer.

It’s the night every student has been dreading; the night every student don’t want to think about; it’s the worst night you could ever think about during summer.

But, hey, it’s fucking inevitable; nothing you can really do about it no matter how hard you try.

Sucks, right?

So, a kid on my batch named Felix decided to throw this pool party at some random, big, private, expensive-looking-per-night resort that which he does not know the person in-charge or whoever owns it.

In short: he and his friends broke in and invited the whole high school—including the seniors who just graduated…and the guards that were about to arrest them…and the staff who works here, and, I think the man who looked like he was in his late-forties that was trying to find his balance on some wooden board in the middle of the pool full of topless, drunken and high teenagers was probably the owner.

The hot, suffocating atmosphere was filled with the mixture of alcohol, cigarette smoke, drugs, sex, sweat, and chlorine. The music was making my eardrums numb and my chest vibrate, and it was also making me want to dance my ass off on the balcony where some chicks were making out.

While everyone was busy dancing, swimming, drinking, smoking, making out, having sex, and any other of that usual stuff that you do in a party, I was caught up in an alcoholic bubble gawking and eye-fucking Cooper Collins from the other end of the pool.

He was grinning—probably laughing at something the young-looking blonde girl said while holding a big red cup on his one hand and the other one was in his pockets. They were leaning on the wall, and he was bending down a little, putting his ear in front of her mouth. Then his eyes disappeared in a way that, even from afar, you can tell he was genuinely laughing.

He’s so fucking effortlessly sexy…

And why is he even wearing a tank top?!

It’s a freaking pool party for Christ’s sakes!

And what was the shorts all about?!

And his smile?! His beautiful, beautiful smile?!

And, most especially, WHAT WAS THE FUCKING BABY BLONDE SLUT ALL ABOUT?!

“Teddy!” I heard Marie’s voice shout, but it was a bit muffled.

I guess I was too busy controlling the rage that was burning within my chest and preventing the smoke from going out of my ears and nose.

“Teddy!!” I heard her voice again, and it was louder this time. “Teddy! What. The. Fuck. Are you even saying?!”

I didn’t know I was muttering curses to myself. “I said,” my teeth were grinding against each other and I think you can hear though the music was blasting, “I’m going to fucking rip that girl’s head off and jump on it and poke both of her eyes and pull out her slutty, not-so-funny tongue until it’s fucking detached!”

When I was about to storm off to where Cooper was still laughing, I felt a sticky hand collide with the skin of my arm, halting my movement. “You have to think this over, Ted!” Marie calmly stated, almost like a psychiatrist, when my head turned to glare at her, “I mean, if—oh wait, when you’ve successfully have done just that, won’t you afraid you’ll be arrested?!” My eyes immediately went to look at the policemen laughing and drinking with some of my squad mates and jocks with only their boxers on, and then to Marie again. “No, I mean the policemen who doesn’t like to party, you know?!”