Chapter 16

• Dedicated to @MsMickiMouse on twitter (thanks again)

__ Gia's POV __

I just came from the restroom... I didn't really have to go. I just wanted to get away from Kelly. I can't believe he asked me to go to the College Dance with him this weekend. I'm just confused right now...

GIRL VOICE: "Hey! Watch where you're going!"

Exiting the restroom, I accidentally bumped into someone who was trying to enter.

GIA: "Oh, I'm sorry-- ...Mikayla?"

MIKAYLA: "That's me. Who is you?"

GIA: "Um, you were at church Sunday when you met with Kelly and his family?"

MIKAYLA: (thinks) "OH YEAH. I saw Kelly on Sunday... and I do remember your face. What's your name?"

GIA: "I'm Gia..."

MIKAYLA: "Gia? Nice to meet you. So, do you go to university here? Are you an artist, too?"

We stood outside the restrooms, talking in the hallway of the Music Building.

GIA: "Uh, no, I'm not an artist; I'm here with some friends. But I do go to school at this university."

MIKAYLA: "Forreal? That's mad cool! I heard B5 is performing this weekend for a party and I thought I might catch them here and sneak in the sound booth to record a song with them."

She flips her hair with a huge grin on her face. Wait... this girl is joking, right?

GIA: "Oh, yeah, well... I don't know about that... (awkward laugh) I don't think they want any uninvited visitors--"

MIKAYLA: "Whatchu trying to say?! Ha, I'm practically a friend of the family so I don't see what the problem would be. Look, I'm gonna find B5 -- especially my man Kelly. That's the real reason I came here." (fixing her hair)

GIA: "Just wondering, but aren't you two not an item anymore?"

MIKAYLA: (raises an eyebrow) "That's what HE says, but I'll change his mind once again. Once you go Mikayla, you NEVER GO BACK!"

GIA: "Riiiggghhhhtttt..."

KELLY: "Hey, Gia. There you are! Where did you go?"

That instant, Kelly walked up to us looking relieved to see me.

GIA: "Bathroom."

MIKAYLA: "Well, well, well. We meet again Kelly. I think this is a sign." (twirls her hair around her finger and smirks at him)

KELLY: "Whoa-- Mikayla?! Wh-What are you doing here?"

MIKAYLA: "Y'all act like I have no business here--"

KELLY: "Because you don't. Why are you here?"

MIKAYLA: "The studio is open to whoever it pleases. Anyways, my friend goes here, so he told me about it so I came to check it out myself. But honestly... I came to see you."

KELLY: (hesitant) "What do you want?"

MIKAYLA: "Let's speak in private. Excuse us, Jelly..."