Love or Lies Ch. 6

The next day Rosie woke up. Another day of school. After school her mom was going to take her car shopping so she wouldn't have to drive an old truck around. She packed her bag with her text books and ran out the door. Her mom was already waiting for her in the car. They drove and talked. Rosie talked most of the time. Her mom saw a change in her attitude. She was happier. When she got to the school she jumped out of the car and ran to her locker. As usual Cole was waiting with a smile on his face. She ran up to him and hugged him.

"Someone's happy." He laughed hugging her back.

"Why not?" She replied cheerfully.

He laughed. "Alright, get your stuff and lets get to class."

"Okay." She grabbed her things and they walked to class. Halfway during her first class the girl next to her passed her a note.

"Hey. Rosie, right?"

"Yeah. Hey, whats your name?" She tried her best not to get caught passing the not back to her. The girl quickly wrote something down and passed it back to Rosie.

"Madison. You and Cole are dating right?" When she got the note she hesitated. Not officially..So..

"No. Why?"

"I'm one of Cole's friends. Just wanted to know. I saw you two at the carnival. You guys are so cute!:)"

"Thanks." As she passed the note to Madison the bell rang. They both got up and Madison handed her a piece of paper.

"Text me sometime. Okay?" Rosie took the paper from her.

"Okay. Bye." She smiled at her. Rosie walked out of the room and her and Cole walked to there next class. After the school day was over they headed to there lockers.

"So what are you doing after school?"

"I'm going car shopping with my mom."

"Your 15. How do you have your license?"

"Oh." She laughed. "Country thing.."

"Ahh. Okay."

"Yeah. If you want we can hang out Friday. (It was Wednesday.)"

"Okay sounds great. I'll text you. See you tomorrow." They hugged each other one last time before Rosie hopped in the car with her mom. She threw her bag in the back.

"How was your day?"

"Great!" She smiled back at her mom.

"Meet any new people?"

"Yeah, this girl named Madison. She gave me her number. Hey mom. I'm 15. I can't drive here."

"We can still look. And your almost 16."

"True." They drove to the car dealership and looked at a lot of cars. The only ones that stood out to Rosie were punchbugs and regular cars. Since she grew up in the country she never saw a punchbug so when she saw one she started laughing.

"Rosie, you've been laughing for 5 minutes! Stop. People are giving you weird looks!" Her mom laughed a little too.

"I have to get that!" Rosie pointed at a light blue punch bug. Her mom walked up to it and looked at the price. She looked a little worried but then relaxed.

"Fine. If you really want it."

"Yeah." Rosie smiled. She opened the door and sat in it. She played around with the steering wheel and then came out and close the door. "I want it." She started laughing again. They left the dealership and went home. Rosie sat on the couch watching tv. She added Madisons contact to her phone and texted her.

"Hey Madison, its Rosie.:)" Minutes later Madison texted her back.

"Hey! Whats up?"

"Just watching tv and texting. You?" She was starting to get the hang of living in the city.

"Nothing really. What are you doing this weekend? We should hang out."

"Ughm. I'm free Saturday. And yeah we should!:)"

"Okay. I'll text you the details later. I got to go. Bye!"

"Bye." Rosie put her phone down and went over to the dinner table and sat next to her mom. "Whats for dinner?"

"Order out pizza?"

"Haha sure." Rosie picked up her phone and ordered a medium size meatlovers pizza. Her mouth watered ordering it. She hung up and  took a quick shower. She put her hair up in a messy bun while it was still wet. Her and her mom were going to have a movie night, not long though, she still had school tomorrow. She put on sweatpants and a baggy shirt and found her mom looking through movies.

"Hmm. Comedy, romance or horror?"

"Ughm... Romance!" Her mom laughed and looked through another stack of movies. They decieded to watch 'The Notebook'. Rosie grabbed a box of tissues. She answered the door when the pizza came and the rest of the night her and her mom cried watching the movie and pigged out on there meatlovers pizza. That night she went to bed excited for tomorrow. Another day she would see Cole.