Chapter 97 (Nightmares And Daydreams)

Elua's POV.

We had just landed on the island where we would be meeting the invasion force and we were all exhausted.
"This is it, the official rendezvous point for the invasion force," Sokka says as he looks down at the map, then back up at the land around us. It was very green, there were a few tall rocks, a forest, and a cliffside that dropped off into the ocean.
"How did you pick this place?" Toph asks.
"Before we split up, my dad and I found this island on a map. It's uninhabited, and the harbor surrounded by cliffs seemed like the perfect secluded place," Sokka explains as we begin to set up camp.

"Nice choice Sokka," Katara says as she sits down on a rock. "And we're here four days ahead of schedule," She states,
"Wait, four days!" Aang exclaims as he quickly stands up. "The invasion's in four days!" He shouts in shock.
"Whatever. That's like...four days from now," Sokka says as he lays down. "Let's just calm down, and..." He trails off as he falls asleep.
"Sokka's got the right idea Aang. We're here, we're ready...the best thing we can do now is get plenty of rest," I tell him calmly as I lay down and start to doze off.
"Uh...I guess," Aang says as he lays back down and we all peacefully fall asleep.

The next morning, I wake up to the sound of someone hitting something. I sit up and look in front of me to see Aang punching a tree. I look over to the others and see they have also awoken from the noise and Katara walks over to Aang.
"Hey, how long have you been up?" Katara asks.
"A couple of hours. I got a lot more skills to refine if I'm going to fight Ozai," Aang says as he continues to punch the tree.
"You know there is such a thing as over-training," Katara tells him as he gives a final extremely hard punch, which vibrates through his body and makes him fall backward and all the leaves fall from the tree.

"You don't get it, do you? My form is bad. I'm sloppy. And I still don't know any firebending, not even the basics," Aang says as he walks around with his hands held up in defense.
"That's okay, Aang. The eclipse will block all firebending anyway, you don't need to know any. Plus it's a stupid element," Sokka tells Aang as he looks down at a map in his hand.
"Okay, well, I still have to work on everything else," Aang states, but he was clearly tired. "I'd better spend the whole day training," He says as he bows quickly towards all of us, then creates an airball and rides away on it.

That night, we were all laying down getting ready to sleep when Aang finally come back from wherever he had run off to earlier.
"Goodnight Elua. Goodnight Katara. Goodnight Sokka. Goodnight Toph. Goodnight Appa. Goodnight Momo. Goodnight Appa and Momo-" Aang is cut off.
"Go to sleep already!" Toph shouts in annoyance. Aang stops talking and sighs as we all fall asleep. I wake up a few hours later to the sound of Aang get up and walking away. I sigh as I quietly get up and follow him, only to find him circling some sheep in a battle stance.
"Aang, it's the middle of the night. You need to go back to sleep," I tell him tiredly.

"But, I forgot my pants and my math test," Aang says as he continues to circle the sheep.
"What?" I whisper to myself in confusion. I shake my head and sigh as I walk over to him. "Aang, sleep. Please," I tell him as I lead him back to bed and we both go back to sleep. The next morning, I am jolted awake by the sound of yelling.
"Sokka get up! I need to know what day it is!" Aang shouts as he shakes Sokka in panic.
"What?! Who's talking?!" Sokka shouts in surprise as he sits up and hits his head on a rock.
"Relax, it's still two days before the invasion," Toph tells Aang sleepily.

"Sokka, you've got to get up and drill your rock climbing exercises," Aang says as he pulls on Sokka's legs, trying to get him to stand up.
"What?" Sokka asks confused.
"In one of my dreams, you were running from Fire Nation soldiers, trying to climb this cliff, but you were too slow and they got you," Aang tells him in alarm.
"But, that was just a dream. I'm a great climber," Sokka says as he stands up.
"Then climb that cliff and climb it fast!" Aang shouts pointing to a tall cliff. Sokka sighs as he walks over to the cliff, mumbling in annoyance as he starts to climb.
"Don't drink that!" Aang shouts as Toph takes a sip of water, making her spit it all of Katara.

"Why, is it poisoned?" Toph asks in confusion and alarm.
"In my dream, we were right in the middle of the invasion, and you had to stop to use the bathroom. We died because of your tiny bladder!" Aang shouts to her. "And you need to start wearing your hair up, In my dream, your hair got caught in a train," He tells Katara. "And Elua-" He starts to say, but I stop him as I grab his shoulder and turn him to face me.
"Aang, I know you're just trying to help. But, you really need to get a grip," I tell him seriously.
"You're right. I'm losing my mind," Aang says nodding and he begins to calm down.
"Ahhh!" Sokka shouts as he slips down the cliff and hits the ground with a thud.