The dinner table was quieter than usual that night. Arryn picked at her fish absentmindedly. She still wasn't used to the flavor. Of course the one food she never touched would become the sole meat source she could eat. How she missed the salty taste of bacon on her tongue, or the flare of heat as she ripped through her all time favorite buffalo chicken wings. Maybe if she concentrated hard enough she could make the fish taste like chicken.

"Is Savannah doing okay?" Claire asked, leading Arryn to look up from her plate. This topic seemed to pique everyone's attention.

"Yes, how is the newest troop in our ranks?" Daniel asked, lifting a small piece of fish into his mouth.

"She's resting now. A small infection in her leg and she's dehydrated, but she should bounce back fast. She's bite free if that's what you are asking," Dr. Martin said. She dabbed her lips with the paper towel.

"Once she feels better, we will start her out small. That is if she wants to stay, of course." Daniel looked around the room, seeming as if he was looking for any additional comments.

Dante answered the call narrowing his eyes. "Can we trust her? I'm just worried about letting a new sheep into the fold so willingly. What if she is a wolf dressed in sheep's clothing? Maybe her group sent her out here to find a settlement to conquer.  After what happened," Dante paused for a second, shooting Arryn an apologetic look, "we should be more careful."

Austin let out a huff and muttered something under his breath beside Arryn. "Excuse me, I'm going to go relieve Mateo from guard duty." He took off without another word, shooting Dante a distrustful glance before leaving.

Only the sound of forks scraping against plates filled the table. Even Trinity was quiet compared to her normal dinner table stories about the cool bugs she had found that day.

"We can always use another helper on crops. I don't care to watch her and report any suspicious activity," Claire volunteered, trying to break the silence that had fell on the table.

"Thanks Claire," Arryn said, appreciation lacing her voice. Claire always had her back.

"So it's settled," Daniel said firmly, shooting Dante a challenging look. "Savannah will work crops, if she stays, on a trial basis. Any funny business and she's out."

No one protested. Not even Dante.

"We'll I think I will go visit this girl myself and see if her story holds up. Thank you for the meal ladies," Daniel said, giving an appreciative nod towards Claire and Trinity.

Arryn rapped her knuckles on the wooden door to Savannah's room

Arryn rapped her knuckles on the wooden door to Savannah's room.  Every time she visited the new survivor over the past few days, Savannah had always been sound asleep.

"Come in," a low voice called from behind the door.

Arryn entered the room to find Savannah sitting up on the bed. On first appearance, Arryn could already tell she was feeling better. Her skin seemed to shine a bright caramel compared to the pale brown when they found her. The scratches on her skin healed, scabbing over and looking less inflamed. Her muddy brown hair flowed in waves down to her shoulder.

"I'm glad to see you are up. How are you feeling?" Arryn asked, shutting the door behind her.

"Just dandy," she replied with sarcasm evident in her voice.

"Oh I'm sorry," Arryn replied sounding taken aback by Savannah's tone. "I can leave if you'd like?"

"I'm not some charity case or a stray puppy you found on the side of the road. Thank you for saving me, but I don't need you up my butt every five seconds just so you can feel good about yourself."

"But-"

"Dante told me you've been visiting me everyday." She raised her eyebrow at the mention of his name. A smirk formed on her face as she continued speaking. "Fine piece of tush he is isn't he?"

A bewildered look spread across Arryn's face. "I just wanted to make sure you were doing okay. You were in rough shape when we brought you here," Arryn said exasperated. She had stuck her neck out for this woman and she wasn't even grateful for it. 

"I'm doing fine, but I am more of free spirit. I don't like people hovering over me. So give me space, okay?" It didn't sound like a question. It sounded more like a demand.

"O-okay," Arryn mumbled. She turned her back towards Savannah, and headed towards the door.

"Oh, and Arryn?" The woman called out, making Arryn freeze in her tracks. Her heart beat furiously in her chest. Sweat collected in the palms of her hands.

"You tell anyone about this little conversation and I will make your life a living hell."

Arryn didn't respond. She just walked out the door.

 She just walked out the door