Chapter Twenty-Three

Bouncing his leg anxiously D'Sean stares at the letter that Natasha was ripping open. His name was displayed on the front along with the hospital's, letting him know that the DNA test was finally here. Natasha pulls the letter out and unfolds the paper, reading over the letter before she glances over at him. 

"So...?" He asks gently and she crumples up the paper in her hands before tossing it in the trash.

"She's not yours." She smiles and D'Sean lets out a sigh of relief as he runs his hand through his overgrown curls. 

"Thank fuckin' God... I don't need no baby momma drama..." He chuckles nervously as she walks over to him, standing between his parted legs. 

"I'm just glad that's settled." She smiles softly before wrapping her arms around him, her smile fading immediately. The words displaying that the DNA was a match sent a pang of hurt through her heart as her eyes close, clenching him harder. 

"You good, baby?" He chuckles lightly as his brows furrow. She nods, continuing to hold him as she tries to completely process what she's just read. Natasha was glad that Yvette hadn't requested a copy of the results or there was no way she was going to be able to keep this a secret from him. 

"I'm going to grab the baby then we can head out." She pulls back away from him, smiling before pressing a quick kiss to his lips. He watches as she walks away before standing up from his seat at the island. Quickly he rinses his dishes from his late breakfast and places them in the dishwasher before making his way towards the front of the house. 

Adonis was growing quickly, nearing eleven months so they were taking a trip to the shopping mall to gather some new clothes for him. D'Sean pulls on his sneakers before grabbing the keys to his Range Rover. Hearing the babbling of his son D meets Natasha at the bottom of the stairs and swipes them from her arms. 

"Oouu my on lookin' fly!" D'Sean hypes as he gazes over his sons outfit. Adonis was dressed in a pair of black Timberlands, blue jeans, and a black polo shirt with a black hat to match. A gold chain with the letter 'A' dangled from his small neck and diamond studded earrings shined in his ears. 

The boys resemblance to his father was striking. He held the same nose, the freckles that decorated his cheeks, the deep pools of brown in his eye sockets and the perfectly arched, perfectly thick brows. The only thing that he shared with his mother was the shape of her lips. There was no doubt that the small boy was going to be a ladies man just like his father. 

"You got my wallet, shorty?" D'Sean asks, pulling her out of her thoughts, her still thinking heavily about the fact that he had another child. Giving him a tight smile she nods and the three of them head out of the door, her locking it behind them. 

As D'Sean gets the baby settled in the front seat Natasha slips into the passenger side and shuts the door firmly, the anger inside her rising. The gesture goes unnoticed by D as he continues to hype his son up, his giggles filling the car as D straps his seat belt. 

Natasha stares out of the window as D'Sean closes the back door and rounds the car. Her eyes close as she tries to control herself, she was angry, livid. She was supposed to be the only woman to have his kids and that was all changed by a low life stripper. 

"Hey, you okay, Tasha... you look tense." D'Sean mumbles as he grips her thigh, giving it a light squeeze. She hadn't even notices that he had slipped himself in the car yet. 

"Yeah, keeping up with the shop has been hard lately... after people found out that I'm with you and I had your baby, everyone wants their hair done there." She half lies and he chuckles as he presses the button in the car, bringing the engine to life.