The Princes' Secrets (Prinxiety)

December 16th, 2018

Virgil didn't necessarily love his job. He was a prince at Disney World; by which he meant, he was a dressed up actor as one of the Disney princes to meet and greet with people and kids. It was fun some days, but sometimes it could be overbearing. The constant screaming of children, the requirement to always remain in character no matter what, it was exhausting. However, he couldn't deny that seeing the joy on the kids' faces wasn't a really nice reward.

He played Prince Eric, and could admit, that I was a little uncomfortable for him to slick his hair back and keep it neatly out of his face. His bangs were his way of hiding.

Not only that, but Virgil couldn't where the eye shadow he typically dawned to give him an intimidating appearance. He felt naked in a way, but within thirty minutes of being in costume he'd forget about all that and focus on making the kids happy.

A little ways away, his coworker was greeting as Flynn Rider. The man was incredible at it, staying in character effortlessly and wearing a very fitting, dashing smile at all times.

Roman lived in the same building as him so they carpooled together most days. If he was honest, he really liked him; the man was charismatic, charming, and impossibly handsome. Watching him make the kids laugh from across the way was one of Virgil's favorite things to do in between greets. He was really, really good at playing a prince.

He smiled to himself as he turned to greet the next kid. A little girl with a pair of Mickey ears on her head approached him with a shy expression.

"Hello there, young lady, what might your name be, how are you this fine day?" he said, smiling as he kneeled down to her level.

She smiled a little. "I'm Olivia, and I'm pretty good," she said, blinking at him with wide, innocent eyes. "Can I please have a hug, Prince Eric? I'd really like one."

"Of course you may," Virgil said, hugging the girl as the people in line behind her awed. When he pulled away, he smiled at her and cleared his throat. "So how has your day been? Have you been enjoying yourself meeting all the princes and princesses of this lovely land?"

"Oh I have! I haven't gotten to meet him yet though," she said, pointing toward Roman dressed as Flynn Rider. "He's really pretty."

He couldn't help but grin at that, leaning in close. "You wanna know a secret?" he asked in a hushed whisper. She nodded enthusiastically, looking eager. "I think he's really pretty too."

She giggled as he pulled away and stood up to take their picture together. When the little girl exited the meet and greet with Prince Eric, she hurried over to Flynn Rider's meet and greet. Roman smiled at her when it came her turn, remaining in character as he knelt down to her level.

"Hello young maiden! What's your name?"

"I'm Olivia," she said, smiling at him. "May I have a hug please?"

He smiled and nodded, wrapping his arms around the little girl happily. "By the way, Prince Eric thinks you're really pretty," she whispered to him before pulling back.

Roman's eyes went wide and darted across the path to Virgil's meet and greet. He was greeting with a smile, and one spread across his face upon seeing him. "Does he now?" he asked the little girl. She giggled and nodded, beaming. "Well, he's very pretty too, I'll have to tell him thank you the next time we meet. I'd prefer if he gave me his compliments in person you know."

With that, they took their picture and the day continued as normal. When the two of them clocked out for the day however, Roman was smiling smugly to himself. The other man looked at him in confusion as he approached him for their daily drive home.

"Um, you good Roman?" he questioned, swallowing.

He nodded with a grin as they made their way to his car. "You know," he started as they began to drive. "There was this little girl I met today, Olivia, I think her name was. She told me that Prince Eric thought I was really pretty."

Virgil's heart rate spiked as his eyes widened and his face flushed red. He knew. "I- Uh- that's not- I mean-"

"I informed her, that I believed that he was very pretty as well, and that I appreciate the compliment, though I'd much rather hear it from him personally," Roman continued with a wink.

The other man was blushing furiously, but the flintiness and smile on his face told him that it was alright. It was clear they'd both been thinking about each other that way. Virgil smiled a little in relief, exhaling. "Well, I'll have to keep that in mind."