13

I was stunned.

I stood still and did nothing.

His hands moved from my arms to my waist and rested on my butt. He pulled me closer and tilted his head to deepen the kiss. All this while, my eyes were wide open and my body stiffened. He must have noticed my frantic state as he pulled away a little and muttered, "Relax."

I could not relax, whatsoever.

My hormones were all over the place and I couldn't think straight. This was the second time he was kissing me, if we minus the two times when he tried to kiss me, but I kicked him in his jewels the first time and my brother interrupted the second and I am so glad that he did.

He still thinks I am no longer a virgin and I was still trying my best to make him believe that I was still his little baby sister who has still not watched anything close to porn, let alone do the deed.

"Dante." I whispered, but he continued kissing and I was sure that if he won't stop now then I won't be able to stop myself later and pretty I'll regret it.

"Stop it!"

"No."

I was stunned by his straight forward answer and my mouth opened in shock. It was already difficult for me to think rationally with him standing so close and the fact that I have never stood this close to a guy before was making it more difficult.

"What no?!"

"Not until you forgive me." He whispered, his lips slightly brushing against mine and the butterflies in my stomach went wild.

"I, erm, not, uh—" My own self betrayed me and I was sure I was looking like a joker standing before me blubbering rubbish.

"Avelyn, I am sorry, I truly am. I never meant to do whatever I did that day and I am very guilty about it. And before you think or say anything, the answer is no. I am not saying this because I want to get into your pants. You intrigue me and I want to explore you, know more about you, every inch of you." With each word that he spoke, he sounded more and more genuine and more and more caring.

"So much for not wanting me only for my bod. Good going, Dante." I snorted.

"Wrong choice of wordings, but my apology is hundred percent sincere."

The red buzzer in my brain had already alarmed and I was still calculating whether all he said was truly genuine or just one of his other acts. Highschool for me was just a medium of education, never knew that it would ever mean anything more than that.

His breath was fanning on my lips and I was resisting the urge to not just taste those lips. He was real charmer and he knew that too. He had his way with words and it always worked on people. Girls always swoon over him, but never did I know, I was also going to experience this one day. His charm was working, I could feel it because before my brain could process anything further,  my mouth opened on it's own.

"Let's be friends."

"Friends?" There was a tint of confusion in his voice.

"Yes, friends."

"You mean friends friends or friends with benefits kinda friends?" This earned him a smack on his head and a pinch on his arm.

"Ow, woman! Why are you so fucking violent?" He said, rubbing his arm.

"Stop asking stupid questions, then!"

"Are you friend—zoning me for real?" He asked, raising one of his eyebrows and I nodded.

"Fuck, I have never been friend zoned before."

"There's always a first time, isn't it?" I asked and he just stood there staring at me, as if figuring something out. His stare always make me squirm because I feel like he can see straight through my soul. I was told by people that I was like an open book and I never liked that because I wanted to keep my emotions very, very private.

"Are you, like, sure?" He asked, ruffling his hair and let me tell you this, he looked so hot while doing that, but ofcourse, we don't want him to know that.

"What else do you want then?" I asked, looking at him.

"I was thinking of kissing around, until you realise how much you love me and then maybe we can be a couple?" He said, more like asked and to say that my eyes were looking anything less than a soccer ball would be a big fat lie.

"Why do you think I would ever be in a relationship with you?!" I asked and he looked a bit offended by my question as he narrowed his eyes and stepped closer.

"Because I like you."

"WHAT?!" I pushed him and took a step back when I realised there was no space for me to do that as I was trapped between him and the stupid door.

"Are you crazy?!"

"Yes, crazy for you, baby."

"What kind of a game are you trying to play now?" I spoke, angrily.

"It's no game, baby. I really like you."

I looked into his eyes to find the lie that he is trying to feed me and all I could see was hint of mischief and playfulness. There was a glint on shine in his eyes and he looked almost serious or that's what I thought because next thing I know, he started laughing like a maniac.

"Oh, gosh! Y-Your face!" He said, in between his laugh and I took it as my cue to leave, dramatically.

"Fuck, Avelyn! Baby, wait!" He shouted after me, as I literally ran to my next class, shoving and pushing people away.

"Baby, I am sorry!"

I stopped along with all the students around me on hearing him say sorry in public. I was so not kidding about him never saying sorry to anyone.

I turned around and saw him coming closer. People around us were gasping and speaking in hushed voices. If this was not enough attention for me to last my entire life, he decided to grab my waist and pull me closer.

And then what he did next would probably earn him a good beat with a hockey stick from none other than my dear brother, Noah.

"What are you all fucking looking at? She's my girl and I don't want any of you fuckers to even look at her. Am I clear?" He spoke loudly and everyone nodded at him.

Then he looked at me and kissed me on my forehead.

In the middle of the freaking school!

••••••••

So, here's the new chapter and I hope you all like it as much as I loved writing it

Thank you for all the support. ♥️