Chapter Six

Oliver shifted from one foot to the other while on the phone as if even less personal communication was still a burden.

I took the opportunity to head back to the group and give him some space to be annoyed. I sat down on the ottoman sitting Indian style as the next band prepped. B was laughing, gathering information, and building a social life while I sipped cold coffee. Least it wasn't watered down. I didn't know how iced coffee is an option for people.

Caden turned to me laughing and said, "So I heard you've never had a boyfriend..."

I looked at him waiting for the question, but it never came. I turned to B giving her the most vile look possible for sharing private information. Bleeding my old life with this one.

He almost took it back by saying quickly after, "We throw a bonfire every year before school starts. You guys coming?"

I let B decide like normal. I wouldn't have any friends or leaving my bedroom if she didn't make me.

She was instantly gratified, "Tell us when and we'll be there."

Caden leaned forward into my space over the arm or the couch, "You ready to party with the big boys?"

I forced my tongue against my teeth determined to not say anything back. Oliver came back offering a hand to Elizabeth as she just immediately got up for him to lounge where she was siting. His sneakers on the coffee table across from the worn leather couch he swiftly pulled her back down onto his lap. She didn't seem stiff or uncomfortable.

Was I oblivious to this? Was Oliver dating Elizabeth?

I must have been staring while I figured out how I missed this because Oliver was looking right at me. He spat out, "Are you good? Can I help you?"

Embarrassed I looked down quickly playing with the hem of my shirt with my coffee between my cross crossed legs.

Caden spoke up hitting his arm, "She's a virgin bro. Be nice."

How did not having a boyfriend mean virgin? B never dated but she had plenty of sex.

Innocence.

Oliver's eyes squinted like he was examine if I was lying or not when he finally said, "Who dates in high school and doesn't have sex? Who doesn't lose their virginity in high school?? What the fuck."

His judgment hurt.

The group tried not to laugh but they did. Caden filled Oliver in on the part where I've never dated either. Oliver's head leaned back touching the wall as his laugh went silent, but you could see the amusement in my lack of experience. B's hand brushed my knee trying to comfort me from her own mistake.

Elizabeth finally spoke, or at least since I've been here, "I think it's sweet. I wish I waited."

I wish that helped but no one knew the whole story.

Oliver's hands landed high up on her thighs, "No one you don't. Everyone needs to get it over with and get to the good shit."

Aspen almost spit his coffee out, "That's because you lost it at 12! Not all of us were so lucky!"

I was shocked letting my lips part hearing Oliver was so young. No one can comprehend that kind of intimacy at that age. I immediately wondered if it was someone older corrupting him.

Thankfully the band started to play so we wouldn't be able to talk. All I wanted was to start fresh and B was bringing all my baggage. I got up hugging B from behind as she sat in a plaid chair. I whispered to her that I would text her. I was more than exhausted, more than embarrassed, more than caffeinated when all I wanted to do was sleep.