Chapter 11

The tower was completely silent, the rest of the avengers had gone on a mission to take down a hydra base. Steve suggested that 1 person should stay behind with me in case hydra attacks again, and of course Bucky volunteered straight away. We were watching TV, Bucky was sitting on the couch with me curled up into a ball with my head on Bucky's chest. He had an arm snaked around my waist and the other was softly playing with my hair. I had been thinking about the fact that Bucky has never talked about how he feels, and I know for a fact he's not always okay. I was kind of nervous to ask about it but I finally build up the courage to say it.

"Hey Buck..."
I said as I turned my head to face him

"mhm?" he murmured in response.

"We never talk about your problems, it's always about me and your always there for me, I want to be there for you too. I want to make you happy"

Bucky sighed
"you just being here with me is all I need to be happy, you don't owe me anything doll" he replied as he kissed me on the top of my head.

"Are you sure?"
I asked.

"Positive"
he smiled.

"Now come here"
he said happily as he pull me onto his chest and rapped both of his arms around me.

I laughed and snuggled my head into the crook of his neck. I closed my eyes and thought to myself, What did I do to deserve him.

I must of fallen asleep on Bucky because I awoke to the sound of his voice saying
"Y/n... y/n wake up"

"what?"
I asked still half asleep.

"They're back, they're coming up the elevator right now if we want to keep our relationship a secret you might have to get off me"
he chuckled as he spoke.

It took a while to understand what he was saying but once I realised I quickly rolled into the other side of the couch. After me and Bucky kissed, we decided not to tell the other avengers about us for a little while, keeping another secret from them probably wasn't the best idea but we just wanted to keep this to ourselves until we were ready. Just as I sat back down onto the couch the elevator door opened and everyone walked in, with distressed looks on there faces. Instead of greeting us like they usually do, they all started heading to the meeting room.

Tony walked up to us and said.
"Meeting, right now"
and walked away.

I looked over to Bucky with a confused look on my face, he shared the same look. We both got up and walked into the room and sat down, really curious of what was happening.

"Okay, Y/n... before I tell you this. Just remember that none of this is your fault" 
Tony was the first to say something.

"What do you mean?"
I asked

"don't blame yourself"

"Just tell me!"

"Y/n... your parents were part of hydra"

Those words. Those 6 words. They broke me into a million pieces.

Tears formed in my eyes, all I could get out was
"what?..."

Steve stood up and continued.
"We stumbled across the information at the hydra base we went to. Your parents were quite high up in hydra, they made lots of decisions. One of them being... deciding to give you powers... they were planning on using you for hydra missions, just like they used Bucky. I'm sorry..."

"No..." I whispered

"no, no no no no, this can't be true"

Natasha also spoke up
"I know this is hard for you but-"

she didn't get to finish because I had already ran out the room. I ran over to the elevator.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y take me too the roof."

"Okay  Y/n, is everything alright? Your heart rate has increased significantly"

"I'm fine"
I said as I tried to hold in a sob.

As soon as I reached the roof I let the tears fall out, I sat on the edge and pulled my knees up to my chest, as I cried. How could my parents do this to me, I trusted them with everything I had and they caused this, they caused all of my pain. And Bucky, god I couldn't bear to think about what he was feeling at that moment, knowing that his girlfriends parents supported all the pain he went through and enjoyed it. I was sure he would hate me now. I heard the elevator doors open but I didn't turn around because I knew who it would be and I couldn't look at him right now.

"Hey doll"
Bucky whispered as he sat down next to me. I didn't reply, I kept my head down and looked at the 'tiny' cars below us.

"Y/n"
I finally looked him in the eyes, they were filled with nothing but worry.
I couldn't hold it in.

"I-I'm s-sorry"
my voice cracked as the words stumbled out of my mouth.

Bucky sighed sadly as he pulled me into a tight hug as I cried into his chest.

"It's not your fault doll, none of this is"

but Buckys words didn't help like they usually do. I still felt broken, I felt betrayed, I felt responsible for everything they did, i felt like I would never be the same.

A/N - the part where they talk about 'never talking about Bucky's feelings' is so freaking bad I'm sorry... I didn't know how else to write it😂😭
word count - 912