Episode 31: Guardian Angel

[Some time later- Kyuu Seishin Grand Hotel Room 112]

When I awoke I found that Serrano was gone. So was Nori. The two must have gone off to look for his parents or shopping.

Though there was a pair of clothes for me with a note saying the shower was finally working. Serra must've been the one who left them, even though the note was written by Nori by the looks of the chicken scratch. That cousin of mine, he could be rather confusing. So was Rosa...

I yawned and stretched my arms into the air.

"Time to start yet another day," I said, jumping out of bed. I took a quick shower, even though I wanted to take a longer one. I put on my underwear and a pair of black jeans and grabbed my shirt from the bed. However, before I could put on my shirt, the door suddenly opened. In came my father.

"Hey kiddo, ready to start the new day?" he asked.

"You know, you can knock," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Ha, now that's something I expected to hear from your sister, not you."

"Oh, if you entered in on Tere then she would have kicked you. Hmm, I know maybe you should try that? To see if I'm wrong or not," I said, grinning.

Kuroshi, still wasn't used to calling him by his real name and less so 'dad', laughed. "Well, I brought you your new teammate." He turned around but there was no one behind him. He glanced out at the hall. "It seems that she ran off." He turned around and smiled. "Uh, seems that I did something stupid."

Her?

I gasped. "Hey, wait. Is this person Ro..."

Kuroshi turned around. "I'm going to go find her. I can't lose her. If I do then her father will have my head," he said before running off.

I stared at the red shirt in my hands.

So, it is her...

***

Upon arriving at the lobby I saw Kuroshi by the southeast corner where Rosalba and Setsuko were the other night. He stood up from his seat and smiled. "You're here! I found your newest member! She did have to go get changed once I told her where we're going."

"Where exactly in Wynaga are we off to?" I asked, tilting my head.

"You'll see!"

Ugh, this guy is irritating...

"Here, I had them bring you breakfast," Kuroshi said, waving his hand at the food in the table. It was a pair of eggs with a side of milk-rice porridge.

Did he guess my favorite breakfast dish? Or did someone tell him? No, it's likely all just coincidence. Right? Though considering Ma seemed to know who he was...