Meaning of Life ➻ CH 16. Royal Engagement

Start from the beginning

This will be the Royal Wedding of the Century as past and present kings and queens, dignitaries and celebrities will be attending this wedding. This wedding is also rumoured to be bigger than any other wedding ever before.

Many people are anticipating this wedding since it has been so long since a prince will marry a princess. We asked around what are people's thoughts of this wedding.

Many hearts were broken by the news as The Duke of Escambia, known for his bachelor years and ways, are off the market!

Speculations of the Princess Eirene of Wales's dress as well as which tiara she will be wearing for her wedding. Will she wear one of the Smarvian's crown jewels or will she be lend some tiara's from Queen Elizabeth II?

*

Eirene sat at the head of her dining room table, sipping on tea, texting away on her phone while Leati sat on her left eating his burger. Adela was sitting and eating her snacks. They were told earlier today that they will have their first public appearance since their engagement was announced.

"Are you ready?" Leati asked.

"Yes, I'm a little nervous." Eirene asnwered.

"Don't worry." Leati said.

"Okay, by the way, did you figure out what you're doing about your office?" Eirene asked.

"My office staff will still reside at Escambian Palace and will communicate there for the time being. After the wedding, They will then move to Kensington Palace in June." Leati answered.

"Okay, that's good." Eirene said.

"I know." Leati said as he kissed her knuckles before standing up and picking up Adela and handing her to April.

"Bye, baby and April, make sure Jolene does her homework." Leati said before pulling Eirene up to go downstairs and into the cars.

Leati and Eirene arrived at Cardiff, Wales, UK to a thundering screams. There was a lot of people present and Leati could clearly tell that Eirene is loved by her people. There was an open top vehicle ready infront for the steps of Cardiff, Wales, UK. The car stopped a few meters away from the car and Leati went out of the car first. With a wave, he went over to Eirene's side and helped her down the car. When she stepped out of the car, the crowds grew wild and she waved at them making them screaming even louder.

The couple held hands before moving towards the crowds by the barricades to greet them.

"Congratulations on the Engagement princess Eirene!" An elder woman said as she handed Eirene a bouquet of roses.

"Thank you so much!" Eirene smiles at the woman, shaking her hands.

Eirene and Leati went down the barricades and shook people's hands. All of them congratulating them on their engagement. They reached the point where their car is next to them so they waved to the rest of the crowds before moving to the car. Leati climbed in first before helping Eirene into the car.

"You okay?" Leati asked Eirene holding his hands in hers.

"Yeah." She answered.

"The people clearly love you." He said smiling at her.

"I know it's amazing even though I'm privileged, I feel connected to them and I'm happy they feel the same." She said.

Smiling they both turned to the crowds of people waiting to see them and waved.

*

The Duke of Escambia and Princess Eirene greeted by large crowds at first public engagement together

The Duke of Escambia and bride-to-be Princess Eirene began their public life together with a whirlwind of handshakes and smiles as the crowd chanted their names during their first walkabout.

Hundreds of well-wishers had gathered in Cardiff, Wales, UK to greet the couple and were not disappointed as the prince and his fiancee appeared determined to meet almost everyone on their first joint engagement.

A sea of camera phones greeted their arrival along with chants of "Leati, Leati" and "Eirene, Eirene".

The Princess appeared to take the outpouring of affection and interest from the well-wishers in her stride, looking confident as she greeted the crowds with a smile and handshake.

Eirene chose Cardiff, Wales, UK, a city and its people who are close to her heart, as the place to introduce her groom-to-be to the UK.

During the walkabout, which lasted just over 20 minutes, Princess Eirene was handed armfuls of flowers, chocolates and other gifts.

She was without gloves, so her engagement ring was on display, and carried a handbag.

The Duke and his fiancee appeared eager to meet the public with Leati at one point asking someone "can I shake your hand?".

He then smiled when a well-wisher shouted, from three or four rows back behind a crash barrier: "How does it feel being with Eirene?"

The former Army officer replied with a grin "It's great, isn't it?", when the man said the word "unbelievable?", Leati responded "unbelievable".

As the walkabout progressed a woman asked the Princess how she felt about being in Cardiff, Wales, UK and she replied: "I'm so happy, it's real good to be here".