Meaning of Life ➻ CH 14. Sing To You

Start from the beginning

"I'm so excited to be here tonight, specially because I'm standing in front of one of my wife's favorite princesses. Princess Eirene is my wife's best friend in her head. She's totally jealous that I'm here and she's not." Simon Pegg said as Eirene chuckled.

"Well, I think it's time to get on with the show then. Your Royal Highnesses, lords, ladies and gentleman, please put your hands together for this amazing girl group, Little Mix!" Simon exclaimed introducing the group.

Everyone clapped and listened to the performance. After a few performances and a break, a stagehand came and discretely get Eirene, who excused herself for a quick bathroom break. Leati was confused and so was everyone in the royal box.

Simon Pegg walked back on stage to introduce the next performance.

"Your Royal Highnesses, lords, ladies and gentleman, please welcome your next performer who I'm sure will surprise everyone, please welcome to the stage, Her Royal Highness, Princess Eirene of Wales!" He exclaimed.

The orchestra started playing instrumental music that brought Eirene out of her thoughts. She relaxed as she walked onto the stage as she allowed the music to flow over her. Eirene had always been a fan of instrumental music and it brought such peace to her soul.

I opened my mouth to sing.

It's amazing how you can speak right to my heart
Without saying a word you can light up the dark
Try as I may I could never explain what I hear when you don't say a thing

The smile on your face lets me know that you need me
There's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me
A touch of your hand says you'll catch me if ever I fall
Now you say it best when you say nothing at all

All day long I can hear people talking out loud
but when you hold me near you drown out the crowd
Old Mister Webster could never define
what's being said between your heart and mine

I moved effortlessly around the stage.

The smile on your face lets me know that you need me
There's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me
A touch of your hand says you'll catch me if ever I fall
Now you say it best when you say nothing at all

The smile on your face lets me know that you need me
There's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me
A touch of your hand says you'll catch me if ever I fall
Now you say it best when you say nothing at all

Eirene was the last person to perform so when her performance came to and end, all the performers and the host onstage, Charles, Camilla, William, Kate, Harry, Meghan and Leati stood from their seats and clapped along with the audience the amazing performance.

"Did you know about this?" Meghan asked Leati.

"Nope, I had no idea." Leati answered.

"Oh what a fantastic evening it's been! And now ladies and gentleman, if you please, help me thank Their Royal Highnesses, for coming out and a big cheer for Princess Eirene, for ending our night with a pop!" Simon Pegg said which was followed by loud cheers from the audience. The royals smiled and waved at them, nodding their heads in thanks.

Eirene waved and smiled as everyone on stage took a bow as the royals makes their way the stage to meet the performers.

*

In a rare occasion the senior royals attend the Royal Variety Performance

Today, Eirene, Leati, William, Kate, Charles, Camilla, Meghan and Harry brought the glamour to the red carpet at the annual Royal Variety Performance. The variety show performance is a glittering annual event supporting the Royal Variety Charity, of which the Queen is Royal Patron.

Fans were out in full force as the Duke of Escambia and Princess Eirene made their debut as a couple at the annual Royal Variety Performance at the London Palladium.

The show raises money for one of the Queen's patronages, the Royal Variety Charity, and each year a different senior royal is the guest of honour, with Prince Harry and Meghan watching from the royal box last year but this year the entire Wales family attended.

Clad in a dapper tux, the Duke of Escambia kept Princess Eirene close as they made their way into the London Palladium.

Eirene wore a beaded Atelier Versace dress, complete with peekaboo slashes and a fishtail hem. She accessorized the ensemble with Lorraine Schwartz earrings dripping in cocoa-colored stones and metallic sandals. She styled her golden locks in a glamorous updo and covered her lips with glossy pink lipstick.

Camilla wore a glamorous figure in her ruby velvet dress and diamond-studded parure, The Duchess' floor-length gown was the work of Anna Valentine, the designer who created her dove-grey wedding dress, and was teamed with an organza shawl and shimmering purple clutch.

Kate wore a sparkly Jenny Packham gown, Kate looks ultra glamorous in her pale pink dress, which she previously worn for a gala in London back in 2011.

Meghan wore a couture ballgown from Ralph & Russo's Autumn Winter 2016 runway show which she wore for her official engagement portrait. The look was unexpected yet glamorous, and perfectly suited the event.

The gracious senior royals waved to the crowd whi had gathered to catch a glimpse of the royal family. The Royal Variety Performance has quite the storied history, dating back to the first show in 1912 for King George V and Queen Mary, followed by a celebration of peace in 1919. After the third performance in 1921, the monarch decreed that "the monarch or a senior member of the royal family, would attend an annual performance, in aid of Brinsworth House and the Royal Variety Charity, once a year thereafter."

The royal women were given a beautiful bouquet by ten-year-old Darcie-Rae Moyse, the bouquets included Westminster Abbey roses, viburnum, white thistle, narcissus and autumn beech.

The royals had a fun chat with the performers from Take That, who took the stage at the star-studded event. Other performers included George Ezra, Andrea and Matteo Bocelli and the cast of Hamilton, which the duchess has seen three times!

The senior royas took their seats in the royal box and sang along to "God Save The Queen."

The biggest surprise of the night was when Princess Eirene took the stage and delivered a stunning rendition of When You Say Nothing at All, Song by Alison Krauss in front of her family and boyfriend, the Duke of Escambia.

And she has a voice of angel.