Meaning of Life ➻ CH 11. Swing Low

Start from the beginning

"Oh, right I remember now, anyway I miss you and can't wait to see you and Adela." Leati said.

"I miss you too and I'm sure Adela will be super excited to see you." Eirene said.

*

July 2016

After attending an overnight vigil to honor the 100th anniversary of the Battle of the Somme, Princess Eirene of Wales stepped back out in France on Friday, July 1, in a Anastasija Woo coat.

The Princess of Wales, creme coat dress with a belt in the same colour that cinched in at the waist.

She added a pin featuring both a poppy and a cornflower - the combined memorial symbol of WWI and Somme, respectively - and one of her favorite creme hats by Lock & Co.

The mom of Princess Adela, 5 months, was accompanied by both her oldest brother, Prince William, and sister-in-law, The Duchess of Cambridge, and older brother, Prince Harry. The trio attended a commemoration ceremony for the battle at the memorial in Thiepval. When it started to rain midway through, both of the princes popped up their umbrellas, while Duchess Kate, seemingly amused, hid underneath.

After the ceremony, Eirene, Harry, William and Kate toured the local visitor's center, where they unveiled a plaque commemorating the centenary. The fab four also stopped to chat with school children who were present.

The night before, the royals (with Eirene in a black Alexander McQueen coat) solemnly attended a tribute to the fallen soldiers, while across the Channel, Queen Elizabeth II honored the date at Westminster Abbey. Her majesty chose a sequin slate coat, teamed with a striped hat, for the service.

*

After completing her engagements in France, Eirene arrived at the airport with Adela and from there, they would get on a private plane to Smarvia.

It was nighttime when we got there, we got out of the private jet, where Leati was supposed to meet us. I was glad by the time, knowing the chances of getting recognized dropped drastically.

Leati was leaning against his own car nearby, with the royal protection officers around him.

He walked over as I touched the ground with April behind me holding Adela in her arms and picked me up before I could even say hi, spinning me around once as our security details carried our bags around. His head tucked into the small of my neck, and mine in his, and I felt his smell that I had missed so badly and caressed his long hair as he refused to let me go.

He breathed in deep, and then sighed before looking at me.

"Hello, beautiful." He said.

I smiled. "Hi."

Adela made a noise in April's arms and Leati chuckled put me down before picking up Adela from April's arms. Adela squealed as Leati picked her up.

"Hi, baby girl." Leati said as the royal protection officers took our bags and put them in the other car.

We walked to the car and Leati opens the door for me and I get in as he hands Adela to me so he can get in.

Adela smiles as she grabs a piece of my hair.

"Ade, no pulling mummy's hair." I cooed at her.

After a while, I felt Leati's hand reach out to me and intertwine our fingers together. I couldn't stop smiling.

"By the way, my parents want to release a statement saying we're officially a couple." Leati said.

"Is that why you asked about how many dates we've been on?" I asked.

"Yeah." Leati answered.

"Okay, then I just need to call my office to release a statement too." I said.

"So, you're okay with this, you know going public as my girlfriend." He said.

"Yes, perfectly fine but I think you should ask me the right way." I said.

"Really?" He asked.

"Yes." I answered.

"Okay, Eirene Charlotte Elizabeth Leona, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked.

"Yes." I answered.

We enjoyed the car ride, feeling the breeze getting in through the windows, listening to the music from my iPod on the car's speakers. Adela had fallen asleep during the car ride.

*

"Welcome, to my home." Leati said.

"All of this is yours." I said as I got out of the car with Adela in my arms.

"It was a birthday present from my grandparents." He said.

"They gave you a palace for your birthday." I said.

"Yes, they did." He said as we walked up the steps and entered the palace.

"Daddy!" A little girl exclaimed running towards Leati. I smiled as he picked her up.

"Jolene, I want you to meet someone." Leati said.

"Okay." Jolene said.

"Jolene, this is my girlfriend, Eirene and her daughter, Adela." He said, introducing us.

"Hi, Jolene." I said.

"Hi, Eirene." Jolene said.

"Now, let's get you into bed." Leati said as he lead us up the stairs.

"Daddy, can Adela sleep in my room?" Jolene asked.

"I'm sorry, Jolene but Adela has to sleep with her mummy because she needs a lot of attention at night." Leati answered.

"Oh okay." Jolene said.

"Maybe, when she's older." I said.

*

Kensington Palace Confirms Princess Eirene Is Dating The Duke of Escambia

It's not a rumor. It's real.

Princess Eirene is in love.

Kensington Palace has finally confirmed everyone's favorite princess has been dating the Duke of Escambia for a few months now.

The announcement came after the Duke of Escambia's parents Prince Erik and Princess Patricia of Smarvia confirmed the two's relationship on their twitter account.

*

"Tell me again why we're doing this?" I asked as I brushed my hair.

"Because, Jonathan and his wife, Renee, want to get to know you better, Eirene." Leati answered.

We walked out of the house and headed to car with our security following in a car behind us.

We arrived at the restaurant and entered. We walked to the private section of the restaurant and a man got up to greet Leati.

"Jonathan, how are you, uce?" Leati said greeting the man.

"Leati, I'm good, how are you?" Jonathan replied.

"I'm great, Jonathan, Renee, this is my girlfriend, Eirene. Eirene, this is Jonathan and Renee." Leati said.

"Hello." I said as I greeted them.

"Nice to finally meet you, Eirene." Renee said.

"Nice to meet you, Eirene, I've heard a lot about you from Leati." Jonathan said.

"I hope it's all good things." I said.