Chapter 29

Unedited

Unedited.

My eyes moved around under my lids as I tried to urge myself to wake up. My body felt as if it were being weighed down by an anvil as I rolled over in bed. I huffed out a sigh and opened finally managed to open my eyes, the the sight before me had me jumping back in surprise. My mom was sitting at the foot of my bed, her face unreadable as she gazed around my messy room.

"Your friend Jin was kind enough to have dropped you off in the middle of the night. You can only imagine the look on our faces to find out that you had even snuck out in the first place." She spoke up. My fear only heightened at the thought that she seemed to know just when I had woken up.

I pull my aching body up and against my headboard, wincing as I did so. "Mom-" She lifted her hand up, silencing me.

"I mean what were you even thinking? I'm not going to sit here and lecture you like any typical parent would with their rebellious teen. I'm going to get straight to the point. I know about those boys. I've know the first time I've looked into every one of their eyes."

"And I've known about you since I've looked into your eyes as well." My mom's eyes meet mine and she gives me a long meaningful look and I can just feel my heart plummet.

"What?" I try to swallow but my throat feels like sandpaper.

"I've never really been into all of that magic mumbo jumbo like your Grandmother but ever since I was little I was always able to see things other people can't. I can see your eyes shining brighter than the sun. I could see the different colors in those boys eyes but I felt they were like you in some way so I let you be around them. But lately I feel like you're pulling away from us."

The distant sound of the front door opening and slamming shut was heard from downstairs. I couldn't help the relief that flooded my body at the intrusion.

"Y/N? You better be up bitch, we have a lot to do!" Ami yelled loudly as she bounded up the stairs.

Even Ami's rambunctious and bright persona couldn't completely dissipate the awkward tension surrounding my mother and I.

"We'll finish talking later. I'll be waiting." My mom's eyes related just how serious this was but she still sent me a light smile as reassurance. Not only did I have to stress about the boys but now I'm worrying about the next time I'd have to face my mom.

Ami's smile had slightly faltered as my mom walked away and she greeted her with a kind 'hello'. As soon as my mom was out of ear shot she walked over to me with a concerned face.

"What was that about?" She whispered.

"I'm in trouble." I said glumly, wiping the sleep out of my eyes. With a whine I managed to haul my aching body out of bed.

"Same. Some cop at the police station is an old friend of my dads and he told him everything. My parents went nuts. They're actually considering sending me to a Catholic School." Ami snorts loudly.