Chapter 29: Food fight

It felt like I took off my life problems when the dumb dress was detached from my body.

Yeah, detached.

The damn thing didn't come off quickly. It felt like a second skin and the sand in between made it even worse.

Well, Dylan decided it'd be great to get in the water, cold water if I might add and I didn't resist cause, duh, why not?

Anyways, we spent minutes in the water, splashing on each other with absolutely no idea where we would find fresh dry clothes after.

At the sad end, we went home in our wet sandy clothes.

My choice to wear something off shouldered and skimpy backfired. The cold air bit into my skin and at times, made me take breaks to shake it out. I had never been so cold and Dylan, the definition of a perfect gentleman, didn't offer to give me his jacket.

I took a warm bath the moment I got home, washed away all the sand and salt I had attached to my skin then washed my hair to get rid of the ones in between the strands.

Wearing a yellow and brown ducky pajamas, I felt reborn.

"You can come in now!"

Dylan sprinted into my room and attacked my marshmallow bed.

Oh, and just so you know, I changed the sheets and added perfume so, yeah, I'm a better person now.

"What's that?" I asked, referring to the white plastic bag in his hands.

"I got you" he puulled out a cuboid white box and placed it in front of me.

I wrapped my fingers around it and lifted the box.

First, it was heavy.

Second, the surface was smooth.

Third, it had a familiar logo of a bitten apple on it.

What the hell is this?

"It's a phone Cupcake, a phone"

Then the realisation hit me "Oh, a phone"

"Well, I figured out you'd need a phone for social media stuff"

"You didn't have to Dylan"

"Well, I did so keep it, okay?"

"Thanks Dyl"

🦋.🦋.🦋.🦋.🦋.🦋

"What's for dinner?"

"Anything edible"

"Duh, no one said we're eating plastic"

Dylan made his way to the refrigerator and pulled it open, something he did almost every time he stepped into the kitchen and the machine kept refilling itself like it worked with magic.

With no other option, I followed his footsteps and found misled behind him, trying to reach for a can of Coke.

"Can you move? I need to get a can of Coke"

"Oh yeah, Coke" He said and reached to take the fizzy drink.

"Thanks"

Then he opened it and drank it.

Till the can was empty.

"I meant for me"

"Yeah, I know"

"I hate you" I mumbled and went towards the counter, giving him time to pick out the good ones. "We're ordering pizza"

"That's not healthy" He paused "Good choice"