7 ... dreamin

❝ 𝘄𝗶𝘀𝗵 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗲 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗺𝗮𝗿𝗲. ❞

my bestfriend's
boyfriend
7

I didn't know where I was. Everything was pitch black. Was I inside my mind? It sounded stupid but that's what it felt like. Empty, cold, and tense. The sounds of my feet squeaking against the ground as I looked at my surroundings trying to find a pinch of light, told me I was in some kind of gym? Maybe.

It would explain the cool breeze.

Wait. Was I in school? That's would be impossible. I was home, in my bed. Panic should've been my first reaction when I opened my eyes but I wasn't afraid of the dark anymore. As a kid, my dad was always there to rescue me. The little girl still inside of me hoped he would come out and save me from this nightmare.

But he never did. For a long time now.

I didn't know how long I had been standing here in this pit of nothingness but panic began to catch up to me. I didn't like this feeling.

Being alone in the dark in an unknown place.

My stomach flipped when I tried to run. I couldn't move. It's like I was glued to the ground only able to twist and turn but never to walk away. Oh no, no, no.

Where was I!?

That's when the lights flickered on, the sound reminding me of the school gym. I was right. I was in school. My eyes took time to adjust to the single spotlight shining directly on me and I looked around.

I was alone. That was nothing new but...

This felt wrong. I swear I don't remember coming back to school. Why would I? School ended hours ago.

I just wanted to go home.

Suddenly a figure appeared in the distance.

"H-Hello?" I called but no one answered. I gulped.

The figure just stood there, staring directly at me. Why wasn't I so afraid? Panicked? Like this was déjà vu. "W-Who are you? Can you help me?"

The figure began walking toward me. Oh no. I'm going to die. It's finally happening. I knew it was coming someday but this felt weird. I don't remember any of this. I was at home and in bed, sick. Right?

"Please don't hurt me!" I cried out.

They continued coming closer, out of the shadows and that's when I noticed who it was. My eyes widened and my heart felt easy and uneasy at the same time.

"D-Damon?" I whispered breathlessly, not able to take my eyes off of the gorgeous suit he was wearing. It hugged his made-by-God body in the right places, showing off the flex in his muscles as he walked.

His hair was slicked back like he took his time on it.

My heart clenched at the stick length rose in between his fingers. His tall figure stepped toe to toe with me and I was sure I would fall back but he snaked his arm around my waist. The action made me tingle.