Thirty-Seven

"Another year, gone. Perhaps one of the hardest for all of us, both students and teachers alike and you have all done exceptionally well to make it through the year. Each of you who returned after the Battle of Hogwarts, are the bravest students that I have ever known. Each one of you has done well to make your house, your family, your friends and your school proud of you. I am all very proud of you and I hope you are all proud of yourselves, too."

Belle's eyes were already lined with tears. The Great Hall was filled with the seventh-year students, though all four of the tables had been pushed together to show the house unity at Hogwarts one last time. She sat with her new group of friends, surrounded by Pansy and her girlfriend, Ron, Hermione, Harry, Neville, Seamus, Dean and the other students whom she had come to know as people she would never forget after she had left Hogwarts. Professor McGonagall was standing behind the podium at the front of the Hall, staring down at the students below her with wide eyes and a proud expression on her face.

She had watched these students come so far and had grown exceptionally attached to many of them. It was just as hard for her to say goodbye to them, as it was for them to say goodbye to her.

"Hogwarts will always remember you and your commitment to it. We, as teachers, value your commitment to learning and dedication to the school. We hope you will cherish these moments and remember the lessons learnt, friendships made and love created throughout your years here at Hogwarts. You have all contributed so much to the school, to your learning, to your teachers and your peers and for that we thank you. Do not think of this moment as an ending, but rather a new beginning, for you are all about to start your new lives, carrying your past of Hogwarts with you. You will always be a Gryffindor, a Hufflepuff, a Slytherin and a Ravenclaw. You will always be a part of Hogwarts. And Hogwarts will always be a home to all of you"

Belle glanced over at Harry and Ron, both of their eyes shimmering with unshed tears. Hermione's were flowing freely down her face, just as Belle's were and she sent the girl a small smile when the made eye-contact. Belle's hand was clutched in Pansy's and she squeezed it gently, receiving one back in reply a few moments later.

"I believe one of our students has a few words to say. Miss Granger?" Ron and Harry were the first to start clapping, followed quickly by Belle, the rest of the Gryffindors and anyone who had ever had the pleasure of speaking to Hermione. The girl, with bright red cheeks, stood up from her spot at the table and hurried up to the front of the room, thanking Professor McGonagall quietly as she did so.

"Er, hi," Hermione started, giving a small, shaky laugh.

"For those who know me, I don't need to introduce myself but for those who don't, my name is Hermione Granger. I started at Hogwarts when I was eleven, much shorter, bossier and definitely less friendlier than I am now." Ron and Harry shared a small laugh behind Belle, which caused Belle to tear up once more.

"Throughout the past years during my time here, I can honestly say that this year has been the quietest and definitely less stressful of them all, but that didn't make it any more enjoyable than the last ones. Each year I spent here, I made new friends, developed new relationships and had hundreds of adventures with people who I know I want to spend the rest of my life with and I'm so incredibly grateful for that. I met new people this year who helped me - and a lot of us - through the traumas that came with the events of the battle and while I know that they're always going to stay with us, I'm glad and so, so thankful that I can honestly say that I have people I can turn to in my time of need and that I can be there for them, too." Hermione's glassy eyes roamed over Ron, Harry and Belle and the girl gave her a small thumbs up, before using the back of her sleeve to wipe away the tears that had settled on her face.

"I'm thankful for the teachers, the students and the lessons here at Hogwarts, all of which have shaped us into the people we've become today. This isn't really the end of our learning, for I know we'll all go on and continue learning every day for the rest of our lives, but nothing will ever feel the same way it did all those years ago when I took my seat in my first ever Transfiguration class, prepared to spend the next seven years in those exact rooms. They were seven of the best years of my life. They always will be and I know that goes for many of us sitting here in this room. Like Professor McGonagall said, we will always be a part of Hogwarts and I know every single person sitting in this room will carry Hogwarts with them for the rest of their lives. Thank you."