scranton and hershey 🍫

ONE of the countless positive things on tour was The Office. It helped her escape the current reality of her heartbreak, bringing comic relief into her life as well as allowing her to invest in the characters' lives rather than indulging in her own screwed one. Also, it was nice to have a few people to fangirl with...or fanboy with since Matt Sallee was equally as obsessed as she was, if not more.

And another amazing plus to their addiction was that they were currently in Scranton right now. Scranton. Literally the iconic city where their favorite characters had resided.

So, after their rehearsal for the show for tomorrow on May 4th, she and Matt had decided to spend their time off exploring the Electric City.

    "Scranton, what?" Matt bellowed, trying to recreate the iconic scene with Dwight and Michael, as she grinned cheerily, "the Electric City!"

     "Scranton, what?"

     "The Electric City!"

•••

     The Electric City whizzed with sparks of soaring light, flickering from flashing phones throughout the crowd and from the stage lights above, brimming through the air as the fans grew frenzy with euphoria, screaming along song lyrics and waving their hands energetically. Kirstin laughed and smiled, yet she couldn't help but feel a force of negative energy within her, as if she shouldn't be happy right now, shouldn't be happy after all she had done to Avi.

    She had wanted to give him the letter, yet it was gone, signifying that all of her chances were destroyed in saving their hopes for love altogether. It was gone, and she was now here, trying to fill her head by finding useless positivity quotes and rewatching all of her favorite shows...except Game of Thrones. Even though the new season came recently, she could no longer return to watch it, for it would only remind her of him.

    Speaking of him, she didn't really try to notice him anymore, attempting to treat him just as a normal human being, nothing too special for her. Even though her new behavior towards him was definitely a lie, she knew it was for the best since now they couldn't ever be together anymore. No matter how much she wanted him, she would respect her initial wishes and his own desires and keep to herself, forgetting the sparks between them.

     Forgetting the fire in his eyes as she kissed him that night; forgetting the fire in his eyes as she told him she loved him.

     Forgetting the fire between them, for  even though the sparks cascaded everywhere, there could only be ice to freeze the issue away.

     Fire and ice.

•••

     Citizen Queen was rehearsing for their concert tonight in Hershey onstage, while Kirstie gazed with joy. They were truly terrific, those girls, and she was so glad that Scott had helped them find each other to create this brilliant group.

     Kirstie watched with a smile from afar, still hiding behind the curtains as they continued singing and practicing, lost in her mind as someone tapped her shoulder.

    She jumped, startled, as she spun around, sighing in relief when she noticed it was only Esther.

    "Es, you scared me," she chuckled hesitantly as Esther crossed her arms with a stern look on her face.

"Kirstie, what are you doing?" The taller brunette whispered, as Kirstie glanced back at the singing girls and then back at Esther herself.

"Watching our opening act sing?" Kirstie said with a laugh, wondering why Esther was so pissed.

Esther rolled her eyes, shaking her head. "I meant, what are you doing about Avi?"

Kirstie looked down at her feet, uncomfortable at the swift shift in conversation, gulping awkwardly.

"What do you mean?" Kirstie finally asked as Esther raised a brow, causing her to finish, "I'm simply ignoring him as if he were just another normal human being, just as we had planned."

Esther rolled her eyes again before recognizing Kirstie's sincerity. She then sighed, intoning, "Alright. Just remember that we can't let any drama happen within Pentatonix because it's not fair to the fans, the crew, the rest of the band, to Avi, to me, and most importantly to you."

     "I know, Esther," Kirstie mumbled in annoyance over how Esther seriously assumed that she didn't know that. After all, it was very clear how Kirstie was trying to dodge Avi's glares or his snarky comments. She was literally trying her best, and so far, the plan was working.

    "Okay then, I'll leave you back to watching our opening act," Esther noted, sending Kirstie a quick smile before she walked away to Darien across the other side of the curtains.

     Kirstie groaned, returning to her interrupted activity, her gaze back at the front of the stage, which to her surprise was completely different than what it originally had been.

     Citizen Queen was gone. Replacing them stood the lone bass with his guitar, strumming serenely as his voice hummed along.

    Kirstie gritted her teeth, turning around and walking off, cursing inside her mind as Esther's words continued to play amongst her thoughts.

     This was going to be harder than she thought.

•••

     "Floof, hi!!!" Kirstie exclaimed eagerly, tapping on her phone screen excitedly as Angelica waved Floof's little paw.

     "Hi baby, I miss you so much!!!" Kirstie beamed, grinning from ear to ear as the little puppy tried licking the phone in complete joy, giving her little puppy kisses on FaceTime.

     Her eyes widened as she looked from below the bunk to see Avi Kaplan frown, "Talking to your boyfriend, I see?"

    Kirstie gave a quick smile to her mom, politely excusing herself, as she put herself on mute, eyes shooting up to the annoyed man sitting on his bunk.

     "More like my puppy, Floof, but of course, you wouldn't understand that," Kirstin snapped back, not caring about ignoring him nor being nice since he wasn't nice to her right now anyways.

    Avi didn't say a word, looking somewhat apologetic, but she didn't give a crap, so she went back and took herself off of mute.

     Angelica was completely oblivious, thankfully, since she didn't seem to notice anything at all, continuing, "Kirstie, you don't know how much he misses you. He keeps begging for you, although Olaf and Pascal really keep him happy, but he misses you a whole lot!"

     "I miss him too," Kirstie said somberly, watching her little puffball play with her big fur babies. "Maybe when after break, I'll take him with me on tour."

    "Maybe I will," she repeated, sneaking a glance back at the bass, however he was once again gone, as stealthily as before.

Guess who's back back back, back again. Meeeeeeee. ooH yEa! Ok so I promised myself to be less cringy but that's not possible so yea happy start of tour PTX!! Missed writing this and miss summer and missed y'all, but I love you guys so much! Hope you enjoyed and hopefully I'll be back s**n! 💕💕💕 (this is a filler chapter btw so sorry if it was slightly boring haha)