Chapter 40

"I still don't think I should work here anymore, Samuel." I tell him with a sigh. Samuel frowns. "Why not?" He asks. I take a deep breath. "It just doesn't feel right." I tell him, honestly. "Why doesn't it feel right?" He asks. His eyebrows are raised in confusion.

       I look away from him. "Because...." I trail off. "Because of what?" He urges. Is he really going to force me to admit this? "Because it is inappropriate." I gulp. There I said it. I look over at him. He looks completely and utterly lost. "What do you mean, Karrington?" He asks. He scoots his wheelchair closer towards me. I'm still sitting on the couch.

I sigh. "Because nurses should not have feelings for their patients. Nurses should not be attracted to their patients." I close my eyes and bite my bottom lip. Part of me wants to see the look on his face right now and part of me does not. The part of me that does not is currently winning right now.

I feel his hand touch my face. My eyes pop open. He is staring at me, intently. "Do you really have feelings for me?" He asks. The way that he is looking at me....it's like his eyes can see through my soul. "Isn't it obvious, Samuel?" I ask. His eyes don't leave mine. "I thought that you might, but I wasn't sure..." He replies.

"Well, I do, Samuel. I have feelings for you and I don't know what to do about them." I scoot away from him, slightly. His hand falls from my face. He doesn't say anything. "You are my sisters ex-fiancé. You lost your virginity to my sister.....Can't you see how wrong this is?" I throw my hands up in the air.

Samuel leans in towards me. He is right in front of my face. "If this is wrong; then I don't want to be right." He whispers just as his lips touch mine for the very first time. I am stunned. I am frozen. Soon enough, my lips move in sync with his. How can something that feels so right be so wrong?

******************************************
Vote, comment, and follow if you love Eye of the Beholder! I love you all! 😘