13: Barely Coping

___________

Anthony's eyes widened and he dropped to the floor just before the cereal bowl hit the wall behind him.

"Are you out of your freaking mind?" Ant yelled at me.

I took deep breaths to try and calm myself down.

My mother's face went pale and her mouth dropped to the floor. Gabriel put a hand to his mouth trying his best not to laugh and my dad was at the archway mid-stride also trying not to laugh.

"Not that I know of." I said trying to make a joke out of it even though what I did was sort of insane.

Mom put a hand over her heart and my dad made a run for it out the kitchen.

I've been like this all weekend. The littlest of things would push me over the edge. Like, for example, my laptop took over fifteen minutes to load and I threw it across the room.

It's broken now.

A button popped off my favourite flannel shirt and I almost punched a hand through a wall but Gabe was there to stop me.

And what made everything worse yesterday, Gabe spilt coke down his shirt so he pulled it off and I literally jumped on him. Tackled is the right word to use. He found it hilarious but I found it extremely embarrassing.

My weekend sucked ass.

"Alexis," Mom took slow steps toward me as if I were the plague. "Sweetheart, you need to calm down."

Gabriel snorted pretty loud. Everyone turned to him and he couldn't help but smile. "Sorry, please continue."

I shook my head at him. "I'm fine mom, honest."

Ant scoffed. "The hell you are! You threw a bloody bowl at my head because I refused to give you the milk!"

I suppose that was a shitty reason to throw a bowl at someone.

I looked at my watch and went to the fridge picking up a cinnamon bagel. Forget the cereal, I'm going to be late. "Yeah, sorry about that," I grabbed Gabe's hand and pulled him up. "Sorry mom I'll clean up the mess when I get home, we're gonna be late."

"What?!" Ant yelled. "I almost get killed by a cereal bowl for nothing?!"

I pulled Gabe out of the kitchen and made our way to the front door.

We were taking Gabe's car today because he said he didn't want to risk me going out on a road rage rampage. Once inside his car, he chuckled, revved the engine and turned the radio on. "I warned you."

I nodded. "I know and I'm sorry," I sighed. "How long is this going to last again?"

"Probably another few days,"

I groaned. "I can't handle this anymore."

He sighed. "It'll be gone soon don't worry."

I turned to him. "What if it doesn't? What if I'm like this for another week? Worse, what if it's months?" I started to get a bit hysterical. "I can't handle months! I can barely handle days! Gabe help m---"

"Breathe," He said with a smile. "You're doing it again. Just calm down, alright?"

I inhaled and exhaled deeply. "Okay,"

He drove into the school parking lot and put the brakes on. "I'm not going to be with you all day so please, please, be careful."

I nodded.