hard times calls for loving measures

thank you JoeyMonetathchi for this suggestion!! this idea was created by them so they take full credit for it!! a picture of the suggestion is not there bc it was a longer suggestion but thank you none the less!
hope you enjoy!
---------------------

John sighed, head resting on his steering wheel as he didnt move to go home. Working for the city was way harder than it looked, dealing with people complaining about their bills and running errands for people because he was still an intern (which didnt seem to fair on his part, but who was he to complain.)

His tired eyes opened, turning on the car and pulling out of the parking lot. He was ready to just come home, probably eat some ramen and complain to his boyfriend that was staying with him for the month.

He parked the car in the drive way after the long minutes behind three red lights on his way home. He noticed Jarens car he rented for the month wasnt there, probably getting groceries.

John exited his car, patting his pockets for the house keys. He felt that keeping the house keys were a bit safer than having it on his car keys, and deciding to change that once he didnt feel the shape of the key.

"Fucking hell!" John kicked the tire, immediately holding onto his foot as he fell to the ground. "Stupid fucking idiot."

There were three ways he could deal with this: call his boyfriend like a pussy, wait for his boyfriend or find a way to get in without setting off the alarm system he knew was on.

John sat on the steps that lead to his house. Time to play the waiting game.

Thunder rolled around and John could not believe his luck. "Fantastic. Just what I fucking needed right now."

John let the rain fall onto him, not caring all too much anymore. A car pulled up and with dead eyes, he watched the blurred figure run up to him.

"Hi Jaren."
"What the fuck are you doing out in the rain! Wheres your key?"

Jarne hurridly unlocked the door, dragging John in with him.

"Apparently on the counter." Both looked towards the counter, light gleaming off of the inanimate object.

"Alright get undressed and into something dry. Ill make you some hot chocolate. How long were you out there?"

John shrugged. "I'd say 10 to 20 minutes." John sneezed. "This day just hasnt been my day."

John had left to change, leaving Jaren to quickly prepare his suprise. He hid it under the sink, grabbing a pot and filling it with water. Placing it on the stove to boil, he grabbed two cups and two packets of hot chocolate.

Just as he was about to rip one open, John had stepped in and wrapped his arms around Jaren.

"Hello." John had hummed in response. "Wanna talk about it?" John hummes again, nodding lightly.

Jaren took his boyfriends hand in his, leading him to the couch. John had sat, soon finding a throw blanket for the couch around him. After a few minutes, hot chocolate sat in his hands and Jaren sat in front of him.

"Remember to breathe this time, okay?" John chuckled, nodding in agreement. "Dont want it happening again like last weeks disaster."

The one thing that John loved about his lover was that he let him speak. He let him complain. He knew not to say anything unless it deserved a comment on it.

"And bitchy Samantha keeps telling the boss that ive been doing that shit when its clearly Jeremy! Poor guy cant even hold a coffee mug without it dropping!"

John breathed, taking a sip of his drink to distract himself.

"How was your day babe?"

John noticed the content look, wondering why he looked so joyous in his time of utter despair.

"Well," Jaren put his cup down, motioning John to do the same. He grabbed Johns hands, holding them in his. "I get to see you. I get to hear you. I get to listen to you. I get to love you. Im able to hold you when your upset, im able to kiss you until you tickle me, im able to express my love for you in more ways than one, especially the sexy times." Jaren winked, putting bright blushes on both of their faces.

Johns heartbeat ran faster than it ever had before. His love for Jaren was out of this world, but Jaren had just took the words he had always wanted to say right out of his mouth.

"I have something for you as well." Jaren stood up, moving quickly. He grabbed the item, holding it behind his back.

"The reason I was out today was to get this done." Jaren handed out a picture frame, but in it held many memories that nearly brought tears to Johns eyes.

"J-Jaren- I- thank you so fucking much. This is amazing. From my shitty ass day at work to being locked outside my own home, this was the best gift Ive ever gotten. And my adoration for it doubles because the love of my life gave it to me. Im so glad I get to call you mine."

Jaren rushed over, sitting in Johns lap and wrapping his arms around the other male.

"I love you, John, so fucking much. Im sorry I cant change your bad days at work, but i surely do hope i can make them better afterwards." "You always do, Jaren. I promise you."

------------------

yaaaaaayyyyy chapterrrr
thank you again JoeyMonetathchi for this suggestion! i hope you all enjoyed it!