“These are too small for you?” I asked tugging on the extra fabric. How big was the kid?

“I am a teenage boy; of course it’s small on you.” He smirked at me and walked over and crawled on top of him, snuggling in. almost like it was an automatic reaction he moved his arm so it was around me and I leaned my head on his chest lazily starring at the TV. “So, you didn’t tell me, what happened when I left?” He asked his chest rumbling as he spoke. He stopped flipping through the channels and was absently playing with my hair instead.

“Dad blew up and yelled at me right in front of everyone. Then somehow he bashed you.” I added bitterly remembering him calling James a nobody. “Don’t worry though; I defended your sorry butt.” His chest vibrated again as he chuckled.

“Anything else exciting happen?” I briefly wondered if I should tell him about Carl. For some reason hi and James didn’t seem like a good mix. I wondered why, and my conversation in his room came back, he sounded bitter every time James’s name came up.

“Have you ever met Carl, the Alpha’s son?” I asked, maybe they had met and James beat him in a fight or something.

He laughed, “I think the Alpha’s son is named Kyle, if I remember correctly, and no I’ve never met him why?” I mentally cursed myself, that’s what his name was Kyle, remember that Kyle.

“Oh yea, Kyle that’s right.” I made a face remembering calling him the wrong name, how embarrassing. “I don’t know it’s just when we were talking he was asking questions about you, and he seemed bitter towards you.”

“What kind of questions was he asking?” His tone seemed casual but I knew he was curious.

“Well it was stuff like, why was I wearing you shorts, and how close we wear and stuff, he even asked if I ever got sick of you.” I laughed softly at the last one, “Who wouldn’t get sick of you.” I added laughing again.

He didn’t laugh back though, and after a minute of silence he asked, “What did you say to the shorts?”

“Oh…I totally blamed you, and said you pushed me in the mud.” I snickered guiltily. He gently thwacked my head. “What?! I wasn’t about to admit I slipped by myself. That would be so degrading it was the Alpha.”

“Jerk,” He muttered, “Now I sound like one, totally threw me under the bus there.” I just shrugged and we didn’t say anything for a while, and I started nodding off till he spoke again. “I wonder why he has the interest in you and me.” He sounded deep in thought and I wondered if he was even really talking to me.

“It was really just about you.” I finally muttered back.

“It was about our relationship.” I didn’t say anything back because I drifted off to sleep, comfy in his arms.