Chapter 60

Elua's POV.

I walk, and walk, and walk, for what seems like forever. But, eventually, I find Toph walking in the forest.
"Toph! Wait!" I shout as I run over to her.
"What do you want?" She asks me in annoyance.
"Listen, I know what they said was mean and uncalled for, but Aang and I need you to teach us earthbending. We have to master all the elements, so we can end the war," I tell her as she continues to walk.
"Thanks, but I'm good," Toph says, obviously still angry with what the Katara and Aang said.
"They shouldn't have said the things the did and-" I begin to say but I'm cut off.

"Shut up," She tells me as she holds up her hand, she seems to start listening to something and then she jumps up onto a big rock and earthbends. I hear something fall and someone shouts 'ow', I look behind the big rock Toph stands on to see Iroh.
"Oh, hello Iroh," I say kindly as I walk over to him and help him up.
"Hello, Elua. It's good to see you are well," He says with a kind smile. "Would you like some tea?" He asks Toph and I.
"We would love some," I say as we all sit down in front of a fire and Iroh begins to pour tea.
"Here you are," Iroh says as he hands Toph a cup. "You seem a little too young to be traveling alone," He tells her as he hands me a cup as well.

"You seem a little too old," Toph says.
"Perhaps I am," Iroh laughs.
"I know what you're thinking. I look like I can't handle being by myself," Toph states as she takes a sip of her tea.
"I wasn't thinking that," He states as he pours himself a cup of tea.
"You wouldn't even let me pour my own cup of tea," Toph says as she turns away from him.
"I poured your tea because I wanted to and for no other reason," He tells her honestly.
"People see me and think I'm weak. They want to take care of me. But I can take care of myself by myself," Toph states stubbornly.

"You sound like my nephew. Always thinking you need to do things on your own without anyone's support. There is nothing wrong with letting people who love you help you," Iroh tells her. "Not that I love you; I just met you," He says with a laugh.
"So, where is your nephew?" I ask Iroh, seeing as Zuko's sister was following us it would be nice to know where he was.
"I've been tracking him, actually," Iroh states.
"Is he lost?" Toph asks him, not knowing who Zuko is.
"Yes, a little bit. His life has recently changed and he's going through very difficult times. He is trying to figure out who he is and he went away," Iroh explains.

"So...now you're following him," Toph says, Iroh nods.
"I know he doesn't want me around right now, but, if he needs me, I'll be there," He states.
"Your nephew is very lucky, even if he doesn't know it. Thank you," Toph says with a small smile as she stands up and sets down her cup.
"My pleasure. Sharing tea with a fascinating stranger is one of life's true delights," Iroh says smiling.
"No, thank you for what you said. It helped me," Toph tells him.
"I'm glad," He states.
"Oh, and about your nephew? Maybe you should tell him that you need him too," Toph says as she starts to walk. I go to follow her but, I stop and turn to Iroh.

"Zuko is still trying to capture Aang and I, isn't he?" I ask.
"Unfortunately, yes," He says with a sad smile.
"I have a feeling that one day, he's going to realize what is right and what is not," I tell him with a small smile, and then I take off after Toph. After we walk for a while, we come across an abandoned town, where Katara, Sokka, and Aang are fighting Zuko's sister. I take a bending stance as Toph earthbends Princess Azula, making her fall.
"I thought you guys could use a little help," Toph says smiling.
"Thanks," Katara says with a grateful smile. Azula quickly stands back up and begins to run, all five of us behind her. We all quickly corner her, including Zuko and Iroh.

"Well, look at this. Enemies and traitors all working together," Azula says with a smirk. "I'm done. I know when I'm beaten. You got me. A princess surrenders with honor," She says as she raises her hands, but we all still hold our bending stances. Suddenly, she shoots lighting at Iroh, hitting him in the chest and making him fall to the floor. We all attack her at once, our elements mixing together and making a huge explosion, a cloud of smoke coming after and when the smoke clears, she's gone. We all walk up behind Zuko as he sits beside a very hurt Iroh.
"Get away from us!" Zuko shouts at us in sadness and rage.
"Zuko, I can help!" Katara tells him.
"Leave!" He shouts as he shoots fire at us and we have no choice, but to leave.