"Maddy?" he whispers. I nod and let a few tears drop. This may be the last time I see him.

"Donovan... I love you, bro."

He sniffs and hugs me back. We sit there until a deep voice coughs. I look into the face of him. I set my jaw and tighten my grip on Don.

"Dad," I hiss.

(Niall's P.O.V.)

The boys and I introduce ourselves to everyone and pay our respects. I mean, we don't know the guy, but he was loved by Maddy, so we like him too.

While Zayn and Harry chat lightly with some women, I look over to find Maddy hugging a young boy tightly. I feel a pain tug in my chest as a few stray tears fall down her cheek.

Suddenly, a man approaches coughs. Maddy looks up and instantly looks angry. She mouths one word and I know there's going to be big trouble.

"Dad," she hisses.

I glance around, looking frantically for Liam or Louis. I find Lou at the coffin, staring at her stepdad. I start toward him.

"Louis," I whisper. He turns his head slightly.

"Niall," he replies.

"Maddy's dad is here and he found her," I hiss urgently to him. His head picks up and he scans to room, finding them.

(Maddy's P.O.V.)

"What are you doing here?" I spit angrily.

"I brought Donovan," he responds coldly.

"You didn't have to come in here," I say with a roll of my eyes.

"Oh well. Come on, we're going to go socialize, Donovan," he tells my brother. Don starts to get up, but I hold on tightly to his sleeve.

"Hell no. This is my brother and I'm going to spend time with him," I state firmly. My father rolls his eyes.

"Two minutes," he hisses. I raise an eyebrow.

"I set my own time limit," I growl.

"Hello, sir. I'm Louis Tomlinson," Louis says, extending a hand to my father. Dad shakes his hand. I look from Louis to my dad. What the hell are you doing, Lou?!

"I'm Todd," my dad responds, introducing himself.

"Yeah? Well I'm also pissed. You wanna know why? Because when someone pisses off Maddy, they piss me offf too," Louis growls. My dad falls silent.

"I'm her father," he replies coldly. Lou nods.

"Trust me, I know a scumbag like you when I see one," Louis grumbles. He turns to me and quickly nods to my brother. He's distracting my dad to give me time with Don!

I hold my brother close until I feel two strong arms pry me away.

"Don't you dare touch me," I growl menacingly. My dad scowls and grabs my brother's arm. I sigh and let my head hang as they enter the service room.

I feel arms hold me tight yet again. I look up to find shiny green eyes just closing. I throw my arms around Harry to return the embrace. He takes my hand and I notice Niall grab my other as we sit in the service room.

After a few speeches, a man turns around from in front of me. I don't know who it is.

"He wanted you to sing, you know... He wanted you to sing Hallelujah," the man whispers. I freeze. I was never aware. I notice Harry look at me from my right and Niall look at me from my left.

"Will Maddy Soulliard please perform at this time?" another man asks me from onstage. I let the boys' hands go and walk up to the stage. I feel a thousand pairs of eyes on me as I shakily ascend onto the stage. I take my place in front of the microphone and hear guitar chords being strummed. I exhale, trying to calm myself down and hold the tears back.

"I heard there was a secret chord that David played and it pleased the Lord, but you don't really care for music, do ya? Well it goes like this: the fourth, the fifth, the minor fall and the major lift. The baffled king composing hallelujah. Hallelujah. Hallelujah. Hallelujah. Hallelujah..."

(Harry's P.O.V.)

I watch her get up on stage and sigh as she reaches the mic.

"I heard there was a secret chord..."

I freeze as she sings those words. Her voice is heavenly. It's unbelievable that someone so young can sing so well and perfectly. I feel something odd and constricting in my chest and my vision becomes blurred with tears.

She's just so strong and heavenly with that light catching her pale face so perfectly. I notice something shimmer as it slides down her cheek. A tear. It takes every bit of self control not to run up there and hold her to me.

(Maddy's P.O.V.)

After the service, we go to the cemetery and watch the coffin lower to the ground. Louis hugs me to him as I begin to sob with most everyone there.

Afterwards, we head to the hotel and I get changed into a fresh pair of pajamas after a shower. The rest of the boys follow and Niall tells me I have a court hearing tomorrow. I frown and notice I don't have anything to wear. We go to Danielle and Eleanor's room and I borrow El's jacket and skirt and Danielle's shirt and shoes (thankfully, they were not heels).

We all lazily sit around and talk for a few hours before the boys leave to go to a signing. I go talk to El and Dani.