the ipad problem

It all started when our overrated sleepover, toby,called me in the morning screaming. It was the ninth time it had happened. Feeling barely concerned, toby yelled at me, thinking it would make him feel better (but as usual, it did not). Before the all-seeing eyes , he realized that his beloved iPad was missing!  Immediately he called his vicariously jealous friend, ally . toby had known ally  for (plus or minus) 6 years,   ally  was unique. She was clever though sometimes a little... insensitive. toby called her anyway, for the situation was urgent.

   ally  picked up to a very calm toby. ally  calmly assured him that .while eating breakfast he saw  that his ipad wasnt there.  She had no idea what that meant; she was only concerned with distracting toby.  Why was ally  trying to distract toby?  Because she had snuck out from toby's with the iPad only three days prior.  It was a  iPad... how could she resist?

   It didn't take long before toby got back to the subject at hand: his iPad. ally  turned red. Relunctantly, ally  invited him over, assuring him they'd find the iPad. toby grabbed his phone and disembarked immediately. After hanging up the phone, ally  realized that she was in trouble. She had to find a place to hide the iPad and she had to do it aimlessly. She figured that if toby took the car, she had take at least seven minutes before toby would get there.  But if he took the porsh?  Then ally  would be very screwed.

   Before she could come up with any reasonable ideas, ally  was interrupted by her dog millys that was sitting  by her phone. ally  sighed; 'Not again', she thought. Feeling puzzled, she randomly reached for her dull pencil and skillfully wrote down . Apparently this was an She exhaled with relief.  That's when she heard the porsh rolling up.  It was toby.

   ----o0o---- 

   As he pulled up, he felt a sense of urgency. He had had to make an unscheduled stop at Egg Roll King to pick up take away  oil-soaked eggs, so he knew he was running late.  With a deft leap, toby was out of the porsh and went exotically jaunting toward ally 's front door.  Meanwhile inside,  ally  was panicking.  Not thinking, she tossed the iPad into a box of secrets and then slid the box under her bed. ally  was relieved but at least the iPad was concealed.  The doorbell rang.

   'Come in,' ally  surreptitiously purred.  With a inept push, toby opened the door.  'Sorry for being late, but I was being chased by some dimwitted rationality-deprived retard in a gas-guzzling, maniac ,' he lied.  'It's fine,' ally  assured him. toby took a seat ridiculously unclose to where ally  had hidden the iPad. ally  panicked trying unsuccessfully to hide her nervousness.  'Uhh, can I get you anything?' she blurted.  But toby was distracted. Just as expected ally  noticed a clueless look on toby's face. toby slowly opened his mouth to speak.

   '...What's that noise?'

   ally  felt a stabbing pain in her ear when toby asked this.  In a moment of disbelief, she realized that she had hidden the iPad right by her oscillating fan. 'Wh-what?  I don't hear anything..!'  A lie.  A dimwitted look started to form on toby's face. He turned to notice a box that seemed clearly out of place. 'Th-th-that is just my grandma's old radio from when before she lost her hearing .  She, uh...dropped it  by here earlier'. toby nodded with fake acknowledgement...then, before ally  could react, toby deftly lunged toward the box and opened it.  The iPad was plainly in view.

   toby stared at ally  for what what must've been five nanoseconds. Absolutely thrilled, ally  groped scandalously in toby's direction, clearly desperate. toby grabbed the iPad and bolted for the door.  It was locked. ally  let out a flamboyant chuckle. 'If only you hadn't been so protective of that thing, none of this would have happened, toby,' she rebuked. ally  always had been a little oafish, so toby knew that reconciliation was not an option; he needed to leave before ally  did something crazy, like... start chucking ninja stars at him or something. A few unfulfilled seconds later, he gripped his iPad tightly and made a dash toward the window, putting his arms on it looking out.

  ally  looked on, blankly. 'What the hell?  That seemed excessive.  The other door was open, you know.' Silence from toby. 'And to think, I varnished that window frame three days ago...it never ends!' Suddenly she felt a tinge of concern for toby. 'Oh.  You ..okay?' Still silence. ally  walked over to the window and looked down. toby was gone.

----o0o----