Chapter 6: Dont Walk Away

Stiles woke up at 6:30am realizing he got a little less than 4 hours of sleep. He felt exhausted. Like everything and everyone didn't understand how he felt.

He took a deep breath and slid out of bed. Going through the same routine like he did every morning.

He pulled up in front of the school. And sighed he did not wanna be here. He didn't wanna have to face Jackson or anyone. He just wanted to be alone.

He was about to leave and head home when he heard a knock on his window.

He rolled it down "What Jackson?"

Jackson's face looked serious and that made stiles nervous. "Derek.. No one knows where he is... After he left last night no one has seen him or talked to him.. He isn't anywhere, we checked.." Jackson tried to not show he was scared.

He knew stiles would react badly and freak out. Which he did.

"What?! Where could he have gone?!" Stiles yelled starting up his car.

"Let me come with you." Jackson said.

"No thanks. You've helped enough" Stiles snapped.

He knew it wasn't Jackson's fault, Jackson saved him from a wolfed out Derek.

But maybe Derek wouldn't have disappeared. Maybe Stiles just needed another minute to make Derek stop. He would've been fine if Jackson hadn't stepped in.

Stiles whipped out of school nearly running over 3 people but not giving a shit. I mean they moved right.

He started to drive thinking where Derek would've gone.

"If I was a sexy ass werewolf who almost wolfed out on someone I love where would I go?" Stiles questioned.

Knowing he had no answer for the question he just asked himself.

He decided to start with the woods.

He walked yelling "Derek! Sourwolf! Where are you? Are you out here!?"

Stiles repeated saying this over and over again. He knew he spent the whole day looking for Derek when he saw the sun was setting.

He didn't care though the only thing he cared about was finding Derek. He kept walking until he came out to a clearing with a big pond.

He stopped and sat down his feet were starting to ache.

He sat down by the edge of the water closing his eyes picturing Derek, imagining his smell, and those amazing green eyes.

He jumped up and quickly spun around when he heard a loud crack.

When he squinted toward the direction of the noise he saw nothing.

"Derek?" Stiles practically whispered.

He was scared but he didn't wanna show that. He stood tall and didn't move his ground when he saw a shadow walk by under the shade of the trees.

"Hello?" Stiles said loudly and more assertive.

"Calm down. It's just me" Isaac said stepping out from the trees.

"Dude what the hell you trying to make me shit myself?" Stiles yelled.

"No but that would've been funny as hell." Isaac chuckled.

"Derek is still missing." Stiles said with a voice of concern.

"Actually ..." Isaacs voice turned serious.

"What? Did you find him?"

"Well.. I mean.. He was.. Never lost... Derek has been hiding out at Scott's place.." Isaac stuttered.

"What the fuck?!? You mean I've been out here looking for him and he isn't even gone?!?" Stiles screeched.

"He doesn't want you near him.. Right now... Something about his wolf or some shit."

"Oh. Well that's just to damn bad! Lead me out of here and let's go to Scott's!" Stiles said grabbing Isaac by the arm.

"Okay, okay, I'll take you... Derek is gonna kill me.. I just felt you should know, everyone else was gonna lie to you. And when Jackson said he saw you leave. I followed you to make sure you were ok... Then I couldn't take it anymore I had to tell you." Isaac looked sympathetically at Stiles.

"It's ok, thank you for telling me. Unlike everyone else who is getting wolfs bane in their fucking sandwiches." Stiles practically growled.

They walked quickly back to Stiles jeep and started driving to Scott's. They were there in about 10 minutes.

They pulled into Scott's drive way, Stiles took a deep breath. Before hoping out and marching to the front door. And swinging the door wide open.

"Derek! Get the hell down here! Before I kick your stupid Wolfy ass!" Stiles screamed. His voice cracking though he would tell you different.

Derek and Scott walked around the cornering looking at Stiles and Isaac.

"Isaac you jerk! He wasn't suppose to come near me!" Derek glared at Isaac.

"I couldn't lie to him, he was out looking for you all day. And let's face it with his determination he wasn't gonna give up. Ever." Isaac said not feeling bad at all for telling.

"Why? Derek why do you... Do you not want me? Did I do something? I'm sorry... I..." Stiles stuttered trying to hold back tears.

"Stiles I can't... Control myself... I could hurt you." Derek said avoiding Stiles gaze.

Stiles walked to Derek forcing him to look at him. "No say it to my face!"

"Stiles you are in danger with me.. I could hurt you.. I'm sorry.." Derek trailed off.

"Then bite me give me the bite! I don't care if I could die.. If I can't be near the person I love then I'm okay with the chance." Stiles tilted his head to the side giving Derek access to his neck.

"Stiles.. you don't-" Derek started.

"No I do want this so do it! I don't wanna be the weak one. I don't want you to be scared to touch me!" Stiles screamed tears streaming down his face. As he begged Derek to give him the bite.

"Please just do it.. just bite me.. I can't be without you please not anymore.." Stiles begged falling onto his knees forgetting completely about Isaac and Scott.

Who looked at each other and slowly walked to the other room knowing this wasn't their place.

Derek looked down at Stiles and his big brown eyes. Wanting to take away all of his pain. But knowing what would be best for Stiles... Wasn't him.

"Stiles, I love you but I can't bite you." Derek said tearing threatening to come out.

"If you loved me you'd give me the bite and be with me." Stiles said standing up and looking into Derek's eyes.

"I do love you that's why I can't do it." Derek said trying to make Stiles understand.

Stiles pushed Derek back. "You don't! You don't love me, you won't even try to make us work!" Stiles pushed Derek back again pushing him into the wall.

Stiles threw a punch that caught Derek right in the jaw. All Derek could think was I deserved that one.

Stiles held his hand that was now throbbing.

Stiles turned away from Derek and ran out to his jeep. Derek was about to run after him when he realized Stiles was better off without him.

Not realizing that, that could've been the biggest mistake of his life... Not running after the one he loved...