002

DIEGO

I knocked on the door of the house, I was really hoping that Billie gave me the right address. A few minutes later and the door finally opened, it was some random girl that answered the door, "Kimetrius! You got a customer." She obnoxiously chomped on her gum and then left from the door, only for Kimetrius to take her place in the spot. He smirked when he saw me, "Well, I never though I'd see you on my doorstep."

I rolled my eyes, "I came to get something for Billie from you, that's it. I'm dipping once I get it." He moved to the side, I stood there to stare at him and let him know that I wasn't coming in. He raised his eyebrow, I sighed heavily and stepped into the house. Surprisingly, it didn't look like a typical drug dealers house, the air was filled with the smell of food and the only sound was a woman talking loudly on the phone and the TV blaring.

I peeked from the foyer into a room that I guess was his den. I felt Kimetrius shove me and I almost fell on my face, I glared at him, "Why you actin' so scared? Go in and sit down." He rolled his eyes and walked away from me. When I did walk into the room, I saw a little baby in her swing, watching me walk across the room and sit down on the sofa. She then turned her attention back to the creepy ass Elmo she was watching, she was beautiful, but my thoughts were caught off when Kimetrius stepped into the room.

"Where is it?" I looked at his empty hands and back up at him, he smiled, "Come on Diego. You're really good friends of me and my family, and you're just rudely rushing to get away?"

I rolled my eyes, "You're always on some bull, knowing that I don't want any part of you, so of course I'm ready to leave before you pull some bs."

He completely ignored my whole statement and sat in a chair next to the couch, I sighed heavily in annoyance, "Who's baby is she?" I turned to look back at her, watching her entranced by Elmo's World, the light from the TV glistening in her eyes.

"Mine." He point blankly stated and my head snapped towards him, furrowing my brows in confusion, "I thought-."

"Nah, she isn't blood but she's still mine. My bestfriends baby daddy dipped on her when she got pregnant," He shrugged, "I decided to take that role but a month before she had August she got on drugs. That's the reason why she's so small. Not even two days after giving birth, she left the hospital and left August behind. I was the first person on the emergency contact list so I pretended I was her biological dad, and now she's mine."

I tried to take all that in and I just ended up blinking at him, wow, he has a heart. People talk about him being the roughest and coldest drug dealer in our area, but I never thought he'd do something like that.

"Well, who's the la-?"

"My aunt. She's like five years older than me but that's because my Mom's parents had her late in life. It's weird having a aunt my age, I know."

Well damn, Kimetrius had a lot going on than he let on. The baby, August, let out a shriek of happiness and then she kicked her covers off of herself, "She's bad, every time you try to cover her up, she kicks off her covers."

"She's a few months old, she's gonna have some personality, she's not being bad.." I laughed a little.

He shook his head with a smile on his face, "Come with me." He stood up and I did the same, he walked in front of me to pick up August from her swing and then walked towards the hallway and I followed him to the doorway of a bedroom, August's, where he put her in her crib. I then stepped to the side so he could walk out and I followed him to his bedroom. I flopped down to sit on the edge of his bed, and I watched as he ruffled through the top of his closet shelf, looking for something. After a couple more minutes he turned around with a small bag in his hand and in it was Billie's dope.