Chapter 10

My friend wrote this and I want you guys to put ur thoughts on Lukes actions:) PLEASE if u like fan her, @AurelieBonhoffen

----------------------

Kayla

I ran outside the hospital, tears streaming down my face. I can't believe my mother's dead, and now I'm all alone. I kept running, ignoring Niall's fading pleas for me to stop. I turned the corner and kept on running. I don't know how long I was running for, but I found myself standing in a park, one with a huge lake in it. I looked around, and nobody was there, well, DUH Kayla! It's late!

I scurried down to the lake, and my foot slipped on the soggy earth, and I fell into the icy cold water. I tried to swim to the surface, but, honestly, I had NO idea where the surface was! I flailed my arms randomly, but I began sinking, and my eyes began to close...

Luke

My eyes widened as Kayla landed in the lake, and I began running when she didn't surface. Don't die, please don't die! I ran to the lake, and dived in, My eyes burned as I forced them open, searching the murky waters to find her. I felt something brush against my fingers, and I began to swim down as Kayla's jacket slipped through my fingers. I stretched a bit further, and felt the fabric in my hand. I quickly grabbed it and pulled, struggling to lift Kayla out of the depths and into safety. I wrapped my arm around her waist, and kicked with all my might to break the surface.

I kicked a final time, and I felt the water sink below my neck, and I took a deep breath as I swam to shore, towing the unconscious Kayla with me. We reached the edge of the lake, and I pulled her up onto the ground. Her face was blue, and she wasn't breathing. Oh God. I pressed my hand against her neck, and froze when I didn't feel a heartbeat. God, please, don't die. I parted her pale lips, and began to commence CPR.  I breathed out, and watched her chest rise in response, I did it again, before placing my hands over her chest and pressing down on her heart.

Don't die,

please,

Kayla.

Thump. What?

Thump. Could it be?

Thump. She's alive?

Thump.  She's alive! I heard Kayla cough, and smiled as her eyes fluttered open. "L-L-Luke? What are you doing here?", She whispered, and I smiled even wider as I pulled her into a hug.

"Never do that again."

"Wha?"

"You almost died, Kayla. Please, never again.", I felt her press against my chest, and I flushed red.

"I promise to never do that again.", She buried her face in my shirt, and I smiled to myself. The wind blew, and I felt her shiver.

"Oh God, you'll freeze to death, come on, I'll take you to my place.", I helped her stand, but her legs were weak, and I caught her as she fell.

"I'm so helpless.", She whispered as I carried her to my car and helped her in.

"I like you like that.", I whispered in her ear, and my voice had a husky tone that made her shiver.

------------

CLIFFHANGER!!!! FEELINGS PLEASE :)