17 ✧ present

"Counting down the days before our big move. But until then time to meet Uncle Shikamaru and Aunt Temari."
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"They're like mini Shikamaru's." Temari laughed, looking down at the sleeping babies. That were laying on their backs on the floor on multiple fluffy blankets surrounded by pillows.

(Y/n) couldn't find to stifle her laugh, grabbing the cushion next to her and burying her face into. Her muffled laughter ringing softly in the air. Shikamaru just scoffed, grabbing one of the pillows that the twins had.

Quietly shuffling on the floor before placing the pillow right besides the twins and laying down. The action only receiving more amused giggles, making Shikamaru's lip quirk up from the corner of his mouth.

Daisuke then decided that it was time to wake up, letting out a little yawn before opening up his onyx eyes. Peering curiously at his surroundings, before letting out a whimper of loneliness. His whimpers increasing as he started to wave his chubby hands in the air.

Temari only gasped, cooing at the cuteness emitting from the baby Uchiha. Looking at (y/n) in conformation to pick up Daisuke. Only to get a nod in response, before she reached out to pick up the crying baby.

Daisuke whimpers soon ceased at the feeling of being held by someone. Temari smiling down at the baby, watching how he tried to fight sleep before succumbing and closing his dark hues.

"He's so precious." Temari lowly said, before looking up at (y/n). Her grip on Daisuke tightening, the sudden thought of wanting to start a family with her boyfriend. She could imagine a little Shikamaru in their shared house.

"Looks like Nomi decided to wake up." Shikamaru broke her thoughts, looking down to see the second baby letting out his own whimpers. (Y/n) already making a move to reach for her second child before she was stopped.

Shikamaru sat up, leaning down to pick up the small child. Letting out a deep but soothing hum, slowly rocking Nomi back and forth. Before gently as possible, laying down as he was previously and putting Nomi on his chest to lay down.

"You're a natural Shika." (Y/n) grinned, leaning down to lightly tug his ponytail. Letting out a breathy laugh, as her hand got smacked away. Her attention turning back to Temari who was staring wide eyed at the male.

(Y/n) noticing that through the shock, she saw utter love and adoration in her eyes as she stared at Shikamaru. Her own heart lurching because she would never know what it would feel like to raise her children with their father.

Now seeing both Temari and Shikamaru holding the twins. Parenthood fitted them perfectly, even if Shikamaru was lazy and Temari had sass. (Y/n) pushed away her sad thoughts, looking forward to day that her friends would start a family.

"(Y/n) what if I took Daisuke with me home?" Temari mused, her yes twinkling in amusement. (Y/n)'s smile reappearing on her face, giving the female a playful glare.

"I'd hunt you down and kill you. Or maybe Sasuke would get to you first." (Y/n) seriously said, holding back her smirk at how the others froze. Sweat dropping at the unexpected answer as they both blankly stared at her. Both taking the words to heart because it was (y/n) Uchiha talking.

"Thanks for the lovely words (y/n)." Shikamaru sarcastically mumbled, opening one of his eyes to look at the Uchiha. (Y/n) only shrugging and mumbling under breath that she wasn't lying. She could honestly see herself doing that and she wasn't about to deny it.

Anybody would feel her wrath and her brother's if they ever tried to take or harm her babies. Besides who would be stupid enough to try to come between a cub and their momma bear? But then again she was one of the last Uchiha's so it would probably happen, though they would surely never succeed.

"(Y/n) get him off of me." Shikamaru slowly said, holding the baby that thought it was the perfect time to spit up on him. Nomi letting out little giggles, before they soon ceased and his blue eyes wildly looking at the male.

"Oh I should've warned you that Nomi spits up a lot." (Y/n) said, getting up and cradling Nomi in her arms. Shooting an apologetic smile at the male who looked thoroughly disgusted.

"You don't seem that apologetic." Shikamaru grimaced, grabbing the rag (y/n) handed him and started to clean up the spit up that was mostly consisted of warm milk.

"It's a natural thing babies do Shika. Just give me your shirt and I'll wash it. I'll go get you one of Sasuke's shirts." (Y/n) said, standing up and heading towards the room where her brother stayed at.

But first deciding that she would change Nomi's clothes because they were covered in milk. "Let's get you clean." (Y/n) cooed, smiling at the bright gurgle that came from her youngest.

After that she picked him up, heading towards her brother's room and choosing a random shirt. Humming satisfied, she then headed back where the others where. Handing Shikamaru the shirt as he got up to change in the bathroom.

"Well that happened huh." Temari laughed, placing down the sleeping Daisuke on the various blankets. Making her way towards (y/n) and also grabbing Nomi, as she went to place him by his older brother.

"I thought it was natural." (Y/n) said nonchalantly, shrugging her shoulders. Frowning at the hand that lightly smacked the back of her head. "You're no fun Shika."