monday night pt. 2

"Turn around, doll."

    Bucky watched as Amelia froze in place in the middle of the living room, her back still to him. She slowly pulled the phone away from her ear and pressed the 'end call' button before slipping her phone into her back pocket. Bucky smiled and returned his phone to his pocket as well. Amelia slowly turned around and Bucky's smile grew even larger.

   Amelia ran towards him and promptly wrapped him in a hug. Bucky held her against him, relieved to finally have the girl he loved so much back in his arms. He pulled away slightly and looked down at her.

   "Now about that kiss I promised you," he said, leaning in and pressing his lips against hers. It was a perfect moment, one neither of them wanted to end, but they both knew at one point they had to.

   "That was amazing!" Amelia exclaimed breathlessly.

   "Guess I'll have to disappear for a month again," Bucky grinned.

   Amelia emphatically shook her head and took Bucky's hand. "Now, tell me about this mission. You didn't get hurt again, did you?" she asked with narrowed eyes.

   "No, it was just gathering some intel."

   "Really? You? Mr-Fight-Me gathering intel?"

   "However preposterous it seems doll, I did gather intel."

   "Well, as long as you're not hurt, I don't care," Amelia said absentmindedly as she traced her fingers across Bucky's broad chest. "I can't believe I forgot how ripped you were," she muttered under her breath. Bucky chucked and pulled her into a hug again.

   "I missed you too, doll," he grinned. He kissed the top of her head. Amelia pulled away and stood on her tip toes to kiss Bucky again. He smiled and pulled her closer.

   "Hey, Amelia, have you seen my--oh my god! Natasha! You owe me ten dollars!"

   Amelia laughed as she watched Clint run back down the hallway. She pulled away and leaned her forehead against Bucky's.

   "Get ready," she whispered. "We're never gonna hear the end of it."

   "Let them talk," he smiled. "I love you too much to stop."

    "I was informed of the situation and am now here, you should be lucky I'm gracing you with my presence." Tony sauntered into the room and used both hands to push the two apart. "I enjoy being the center of attention, sweetheart," he said to Amelia, who promptly rolled her eyes.

   She placed a hand on Bucky's arm and snapped, "As if I haven't known that the past month."

   "Sarcasm doesn't suit you, Amelia," he retorted. "Now, how long has this been going on for? Bucky, I assume you'll treat her well?"

  The pair rolled their eyes. Bucky wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her close. "I promise, I'll treat her well." Amelia looked up at him and when he noticed and grinned and gave her a quick kiss.

   "Now that that's all settled," Amelia began, "I assume the others already know, so where are they? Busy retrieving a big cake that wishes us well?"

   Tony only smirked and pointed behind him. Amelia and Bucky turned as one. Their jaws both dropped at the same time as Clint, Natasha, and Steve carried out a gigantic cake with huge cursive letters on the top. Bruce trailed behind with forks and plates.

   "We've been waiting for this moment ever since you guys met," Steve said. "It was just a matter of time."

   "You guys shouldn't have done this," Amelia stated. "When are we going to eat all this?"

   "Right now," Clint scoffed. Amelia raised an eyebrow and shrugged.

   "Well, what flavor is it?" Amelia began to walk over to the cake, leaving Bucky standing behind her.

   "Chocolate with a raspberry buttercream," Natasha replied. "Your favorite."

   Amelia's eyes widened in delight and she turned towards Bucky, who only smiled at her child-like sense of wonder.

   "You guys really shouldn't have," she said as she reached for a plate. "This is a big cake!"

   "We knew you'd eat all of a regular cake," Natasha teased. "So we settled for this one."

   "Settled? Was there other options?" Bucky walked up behind Amelia and wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his head on hers.

    Steve shrugged. "I had no part in this. Apparantly they needed me to help carry it."

    "Ok, enough talking. I want cake." Amelia held her plate out towards Natasha who took it and cut a large slice. Amelia took the plate back and ate a piece. "Oh, man, is that good," she said, voice muffled by the cake. Bucky chuckled and kissed her head.

   Shortly thereafter, the group was sitting on the couch. Multiple conversations filled the air. Amelia could vaguely hear Clint and Tony arguing about what the best frozen yogurt place was within five miles, but she was more focused on braiding Bucky's hair.

   "Are you done yet, sugar?" he sighed. Sure, he loved the girl, but sitting still for long periods of time did not suit him. Amelia only took the elastic off her wrist and secured the braid with it.

   "There you go!" she said brightly. "Now I'm gonna go get more cake." She hopped up only to have Bucky's arm wrap around her waist. She glanced down in fake annoyance.

   "Amelia, no," Bucky said firmly.

   "Amelia, yes," Amelia whined. Bucky pulled her onto his lap.

    "You've had like five pieces," Bucky stated. "I'm just looking out for you, doll."

   Amelia pouted and Bucky leaned in to kiss her lips. Amelia smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck. Natasha only smiled at the pair while Clint and Tony weren't paying attention, as they had dragged Steve into their frozen yogurt debate.

   Amelia pulled away and hugged Bucky. "I'm so happy I get to be with you, every second of every day," Amelia hummed. "Although not every second, I might get sick of you then."

   Bucky gasped in false offense. "I would never get sick of you, or even dream of it."

    "I won't forget you, ever," Amelia swore. "Even when I'm old and gray."

   "I'm hoping I'll be there to remind you, just in case," Bucky smiled before leaning in for another kiss.

   A/N

ugh so cute we love

hate to say it guys but some bad stuff is about to happen RIP

xx,
audrey