day 2

taeyong is gathering everyone around quickly. he glances around worriedly, jaehyun by his side doing the same.

taeyong starts counting with his finger as he pointed at each member he saw at the living room.

he turns to jaehyun, eyes glistening lightly.

taeyong: ❝he's not here, i don't see him.❞

you happen to hear him say, his voice slightly cracking.

you see jaehyun slowly walking to the older male, grabbing his hands tightly and murmuring something softly to him.

you see taeyong let out a strangled sob and hug onto jaehyun.

you look around. everyone was looking at them. attention fixed.

mark: ❝where's jungwoo?❞

mark raises his voice as he looks around. taeyong and jaehyun glanced at him, taeyong sniffling.

mark pauses, staring at both of them. everyone does the same.

you look about. jungwoo and lucas aren't here. they're missing.

jaehyun: ❝i— i couldn't hold them back. there were too many.❞

his voice trails off with a small crack at the end.

realisation hits you hard and the rest of the members around. everyone remains silent as their heads hang low.

you understand.

jungwoo and lucas are gone.

killed. eaten.

mark: ❝why didn't you try?❞

mark pipes up, voice full of sorrow and anger.

mark: ❝why didn't you at least try to save them instead of running back here?❞

the boy was now standing as tears streak down his cheeks. he fists are clenched tight and his teeth gritted.

jaehyun: ❝you think i didn't try?❞

the older male walks towards mark. he stops right in front of the smaller boy, biting his lip hard.

jaehyun: ❝i tried my best! i tried so damn hard to at least reach a hand! they're my members, my damn family, you think i wouldn't want to save them?❞

jaehyun is already shouting by the time he had started his sentence. both parties are now crying hard.

mark let out a small sob, yet loud enough for everyone to hear, before charging into the room.

everyone watches as he goes.

you feel broken at the sight of the younger crumbling down like that.

you look over at jaehyun.

he was the exact same.

|what are you going to do?|

go to mark

go to jaehyun

1. go to chapter '⌨ mark'

2. go to chapter '⌨ jaehyun'