3

Marinette got up in the morning feeling down. She couldn't get Kagami's words off her head. Everytime she would have a nightmare that some other girl had beat her to telling Adrien about her feelings. Everytime she kept knowing that somehow Kagami was right.

I have to tell Adrien! I have to before someone else does! I need to know if he feels the same about me. Alright, I'll do that today, after school.

Marinette breathed slowly, thinking about what Adrien's reply would be.

"Oh Marinette, you like me? Well, I like you too," was what Marinette was hoping for. But she wasn't so sure Adrien was going to put it that way.

"You like me! No, don't do this to me, Marinette! We can only be friends!" Marinette gulped. What if he says that?

No, Marinette, you must stay calm. Don't be scared. Don't chicken out!

Marinette told that to herself all over again as she made her way downstairs.

"Marinette, would you like some breakfast?" Sabine, Marinette's mom, looked at her daughter. Marinette muttered something and she frowned.

"Don't worry, Marinette, calm yourself down. He will not reject you!"

Sabine watched as Marinette left for school, still muttering the same words all over again and again.

What has gotten into her?!

Marinette ran to school, hoping to catch with Adrien on the way, so she could wave.

She reached school, a lot of kids still going in, but she didn't see Adrien anywhere.

She walked inside class with Alya, and saw that Adrien was already in his seat.

Well, he's early.

"Dude, where were you yesterday?" Nino came in and took his seat. "And why are you so early?"

"Ah... I was with Kagami yesterday, and..." Adrien spoke, writing stuff on his paper, "I came early because I wanted to."

He was with Kagami yesterday? So right after he took me home, he left to hang out with Kagami? What if they were on a date?! What if I'm too late?!

"What were you and Kagami doing?!" Marinette blurted, and suddenly regretted it as Adrien turned to her.

"She said she was bored, so we went to the park and hung out..."

She said she was bored, huh? So when I say I'm bored, would you hang out with me? Or would you say no?

"Oh, I see," Marinette quickly turned down to her paper, afraid someone was going to call her a jealous one.

"What was that all about?" Alya whispered, getting closer to her. "Why would you ask what he and Kagami was doing? Is someone jealous?"

"So what if I am?" Marinette huffed and looked away.

I've still got my confession to make, so I can't get jealous already, or have lost hope. I still have hope Adrien will accept me.

-

"Marinette, wanna go grab some snacks and hang out or something?" Alya asked as soon as the bell rang.

"Uhh... Actually, I already have something planned. Sorry, when it's done I'll give you a call."

"Sure," Alya shrugged. "What have you got planned.

Marinette watched as Adrien walked out of class. "I'll tell you later."

Alya watched in confusion as Marinette ran out of the classroom.

Marinette ended up in the bathroom. She washed her face all over again. Should I burrow some make-up from Alya to look even better? Or should I just stay like this?

Oh no, what if there's a smudge on my clothes? Or a stain on my face? What if Adrien finds me disgusting?! What if I smell?!?!

Alright Marinette, calm down. You can do this. You look perfect!

I should probably wait till later in the evening to ask him. There might be too many people and I want us to be alone.

Marinette waited for some time back at her place. She continued to look at herself in the mirror, until her alarm went off, telling her it was time.

She took a deep breath, and left the place. Adrien might be at his house. I should go there first.

Oh no! What if his father doesn't let me in? What if I'm not accepted?! What if his father does something to me?!?!

Deep breath, Marinette, deep breath.

Marinette reached the place, but stopped at something weird.

It's Kagami and Adrien together? What?! What are they doing together?!

Then Marinette froze at something Kagami did. She got close to Adrian and gave him a kiss on the cheeks.

Marinette wanted to faint. She tried hard not to cry. She tried not to be weak and fall over, but the thought made her shudder. The image was in her head and she couldn't get it out.

"Adrian, lets date!"

And now she was sure she was going to cry!