I huffed as I threw my pillow at my dresser in anger. My small glass vase fell to the hard wood floor and broke into many little pieces.

I sighed and got up from the bed and over to the vase. A pink carnation flower rested between the shattered glass. I picked it up and examined it.

My mother always told me that a carnation meant pride and beauty. That's why she would always give me one when she got home from work. She said that I was like the flower- Filled with pride and equally beautiful.

I glanced up at the mirror. What could she have seen that was so beautiful about me?

I was the opposite of everyone I knew. I had scars on my wrists from what I've done in the past, I was pale from staying inside most of the time, my raven hair was cut scene style, and my ice blue eyes were so light that it frightened some people I met. My figure was small with my curves.

What was so special about me? What made me beautiful in her eyes? And why was it only her eyes that saw me?

I placed the carnation on my dresser before walking back over to my bed.

"I don't care about them. I don't what people say." I told myself over and over again. "They can all go die in a hole for all I care." I spat as I threw myself on my bed, face down.

A slight knock on my door followed by a whisper startled me.

"What do you want now?!" I yelled. I thought it was Jaxon- That's why I was acting so cold.

"Alley?" I heard a feminine voice say a bit louder. I sighed as I walked over to the door and opened it to see Miranda.

She smiled warmly at me.

"How are you today Alyssa?" She said kindly. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Fine." I answered harshly. Miranda nodded slowly. It was silent for a few minutes before she spoke again.

"Why are you and Jaxon mad at each other?" She whispered as if it was a tender subject.

"None of your business!" I slammed the door in her face before walking to the other end of my room to look out the window.

Why can't I just get away from them?!

My door squeaked open as Miranda walked in.

"Look Alyssa." Miranda lost her gentle voice as she spoke a bit louder. "I know you don't like me, I don't know why exactly- but you do. I know that you hate your brother for seeing me. And I know your sore at you mother for leaving you behind when she-"

"Stop it! You don't know anything about me!" I yelled at her as I stepped closer. Miranda backed away and stared at me with sympathy in her eyes.

I don't need anyone's sympathy especially hers!

"I know it hurts to talk about it Alyssa. You think she was the only one who cared, but we all care for you Alyssa." She said gently with a smile before backing away from me and towards the door.

I shook my head and turned away. "Whatever." I huffed.

She smiled and closed the door slowly. As soon as the door was closed I felt a twig of pain enter within my chest- My heart.

She should have known not to bring up my mother. That proves she's just as evil as I thought she was!

I looked over at the mirror one more time before grinning.

"I believe a little party crashing is in order." I grinned evilly as I walked over to my closet to get dressed.

Oh I'll be ready, Jaxon. I'll be more than ready. I thought to myself as I grabbed my dress. Just you wait and see.