"But what about the girls he sleep with?" I blurted out.

"Haven't you noticed?" She shook her head at me. "He hasn't even touched a girl. Not since you last argued with him. People are beginning to wonder why Ace is acting weird, which is funny because he isn't acting weird at all, he's just falling in lo—"

"Stop it, Fallon!" I warned. 

"You're scared. I know you are! You're scared that he's falling for you because you're falling for him and people can definitely see that." She said with glistening eyes, "You two are being so talked about around school it's not even a joke."

"I don't care." I mumbled.

"Yes, you do!" She snapped at me in a tone that says she's becoming fed up. "Ellie, why do you think he's not going to the dance tonight? Because of you! Why do you think he hasn't been fooling around with any girls? Because of you! And more importantly, why did he have sex with Rosaline just to get back at her? So he can hurt her and then get over his fear of committing to you!"

"I don't want to talk about it anymore," I sighed, "Can we please just...find something to wear already? I want to get this stupid night over with."

She looked at me a little longer, as if she couldn't believe that I was avoiding the topic. Why is she so freakin' surprised? She only wants me to be guilty. And so what happens then? I'd go back to talking with Ace again and he'll just hurt me. Like I said before, I'm done with him. He's too bad for me. I'm sick of everyone thinking they know what's best for me. I think I know what's best for me better than anyone else. Can't people see that?

*     *     *

After we finished shopping, we went straight to my house to get ready. The dance is just in an hour and Drew was coming in thirty minutes so we had to do this fast. I took the shower in my room while Fallon went to the hallway bathroom for a shower. 

Afterwards, I shimmied into my cute short sleeveless white dress that had a little pink belt around the waist line. Fallon was letting me borrow her white flats with pink polka dots on them. Fallon's wearing a light purple short dress with small little gold flecks in them. The straps were really thin. She wore a pair of gold sandals she got for ten bucks at a sell at Rue 21. 

I wore a necklace that Gale got me for my birthday last year. It was silver and had a heart charm in the center. I smiled at myself in the mirror for a few seconds, thinking about Gale. At least with all the boy problems right now, Gale would be an exception to all of it. 

"Okay, makeup!" Fallon announced, taking out a huge makeup kit she bought. 

I wore green eyeshadow since Fallon said it would 'emphasize my eyes' and she wore gold eyeshadow for her blue eyes. I put on a coat of mascara and a little mascara and lip gloss. I added light blush to my cheeks as well. Fallon wore mascara and a little eyeliner and lip gloss. She didn't need blush or foundation because her skin is simply flawless. 

I wore my auburn hair straight while she did her hair in a nice fish tail. 

As if one cue, we heard a car horn beep outside. Drew's here. We went down the stairs and walked outside. Drew was leaning against his car, watching Fallon, not even acknowledging me. I mean, it's okay, but I did feel sort of awkward then and there. His light blue eyes studied her, and his pupils dilated. I couldn't read what was going on in his mind at that time, but I knew he was thinking about doing something intimate or 'naughty' to her. 

I sighed as soon as Fallon jumped on him and he spun her around. She squealed and laughed. She looked so pretty, and he looked stunning. He wasn't wearing a tuxedo or anything, but he looked nice. I smiled at them. After their little short reunion that was just a little too much for me, Drew turned to me and raised his eyebrow.