Chapter 1

• Dedicated to Mrs. Sholtz

Hi!!!

This is my first book and I hope you guys like it. Feel free to criticize. I do need it. If you have any suggestions on if I need to change anything, please tell me in the comments below. Thanks!

********************************************************************************************************************

I should've known better. I mean, my parents did tell me not to answer the door, but when have I been known to listen?

"Now I want you to listen this time. You need to lock all of the doors, you must not answer any of the doors. You got that young lady?" My mum asked for the millionth time. 

"Yes mum." I said in a sarcastic voice.

"Don't you use that tone of voice with me. We are being very serious here. I mean it. I f you do not follow these simple rules I give you, you could be in serious danger and trouble."

"Yes mum." As you know, my British mum and my Irish father are very strict. They always make me new rules and stuff, and it drives me crazy. But I still love them, no matter what they do.

As they left the house and got into their black SUV, I watched to make sure that they were gone before locking the doors and windows. I scurried over to the tellie and flipped to my favourite show, Marmalade. While it was playing, I got up to fix myself some toast. It popped up and was buttered with salty butter and smeared in raspberry jam. I put my toast on a paper plate and walked over to the couch. As I finished my last bite, there was a knock on the door. I looked at the door, hoping the person would go away. But there was another knock. I slowly walked over to the door and peeped through the peephole. I didn't see anything, so I opened the door. I never knew that that was the last time I would step foot in that house, or ever see my parents again. I should have listened. But I didn't, and now it's too late.

I pulled the box inside, and closed the door behind me.