5.ONLY FAMILY

For the first time in my life, I was nervous as if it was a very big deal for me to be get caught by Matt with my soo ten years divorced ex-wife.

He was standing by the door stand. I ignored his gaze and fixed my tie before deciding its all good to get out of here.

"I never knew you would bring her here after ten years." He laughed.

Matt was always the funny lover type guy. Slow, tender, and smooth. All these three words were never there in my vocabulary. But making fun every time is not always good.

I glared at him and decided to still ignore him. But he grabbed my hand and said, " Don't ignore that you still can't get over her. You need her. You..."

I pushed him and raised my hand indicating him to stop. I could not digest his words or rather hear it. Chaise coming here only ignited the fire inside me that I buried deep down in me thinking I was already out of this cursed circle she surrounded me with. And here Matt was putting more pressure on it.

He moved towards me and was about to say when my phone rang. Thankful for whoever called at this time. I sighed him that I will take the call.

I took my phone out of my coat pocket and saw my only family calling me. And my cheeks itself drew for a smile.

It was Linda.

"Hey. Linda Laurel Markstone. " I knew she hated when I call her out by her full name.

"And here you started getting in my pants already, Izach."

Her voice. It calms me. Soothes me to know that I've someone still left that cares about me.

"It sounded really nasty little sister. 'Getting in my pants'. Think about another quote." I laughed.

I heard her curse.

"Oh fuck it Izach. Gimme a break from the taunting. You should have been here to pick me up. Your only sister is coming home today from her Asia tour. And I know you forgot it but still could have made five minutes just to see me. I'm already at home. And I want you at home by ten.

Quick. Ok. I don't want to have lunch here without you. And before you ask, I will say it. Yes, Fredrick

landed me safely in the backyard, and next time if I go on any tour really I'm telling you I don't want a private jet with me ok. We will discuss that here but before come back please, brother."

And that's it when Lin starts to speak, there is not a stoppage. She goes on and on. She sounds lively right now and that makes me imagine that maybe she has a smile on her pale white face. And that is the reason why I pestered her four years ago to go on a world tour.

I still remember when she was all lost in her doom. My angel looked so broken. Lost. Sadness reflected on her face. Every time I wished how I should have chased that bastard away from her. But I believed him only because I believed her.

I liked her. I did really. And I also remember who bought my sister drawing herself from pain. I would always thank Chaise for that. Even when Axus was her brother, she took care of my sister and forbid him from ruining more of my sister.

Maybe that is why I felt soo deep for her but soon it felt like we suffocated ourselves with too many things. We needed a break. I needed it very. And somewhere marriage seemed a decision taken in rush. And that is where everything went downhill.

'Stop it Izach' I told myself. Why I don't know everything I do or imagine ends on her???

I shake away my shitty thoughts aside and reply," Sure my baby sister. Did you love Asia though??"

"I did. It's lovely actually. I mean I learned soo many new things. Izach. It's amazing to know you know. " Linda said as if she was recalling her journey in Asia. I smiled.

"Now the main thing, come back home soon. Izach. I miss you. Really." She said softly.

I knew she meant it. And I did too. Home is not home without her. It never has been for ten years.

"I'm on my way, Lin. I love you. I'll be there." She bid me farewell and hung up the call.

I immediately went outside, got inside my private elevator, and straight away my Mercedes Black Royal arrived on the front porch of the skyscraper. The bodyguard opened the door and I got in.

I didn't have to say where to the driver because of all these ten years, work, and back home is what I do. And since Linda left for tours, I even sometimes stopped going home which was not home anyway anymore. Only the structure. I would spend the night here in my office adjoint suite.

Throughout the journey, the only thing that I thought about was I would not speak about Chaise in front of Linda.

My sister sometimes helps me soo much without even my knowing like she did today, saved me from Matt and his disgusting questions. But she could bring the most straight to dead problems too and too bad I would not know about it.

One of which is Lin and Chaise are besties. Even after two years of our divorce, Lin tried to do everything she could to patch me up with Chaise. Even took crazy steps. It only helped the fact that Chaise left NY altogether. And if today she comes to know Chaise was here, I would be inviting problems by holding a golden garland.

So I thought to shut my mouth. Chaise must be back to where she came from till now maybe. Or may not be?? But why should it bother me anyway??

And here I was home. My beautiful sister was standing by the front porch. I could see through the narrow slit of our mansion gate. The gates opened automatically after scanning my car. It sped through the front garden and stopped in the front of 'MARKSTONE MANSION'. Drake opened the car door and even before I could get out of my car properly, Linda jumped onto me and engulfed me in a breathtaking hug. I stumble back a few steps but managed to keep the balance and hugged my only family now back with the same intensity.

After a few seconds, she kissed my cheeks and moved aside and said, " I missed your nasty self. "

And that is always Linda.

I laughed and replied in the same tone, " I missed your bossy self too."

She punched me at my shoulders and truth to be told it did hurt. Where did she learn to hit like that now??

"I know you're thinking how I learned to hit like that right??" She questioned.

And I gave her a glaring look. Where did she learn to mind-reading now though??

___________________________________________

THOUGHTS ABOUT THIS CHAPTER...

COMMENT AND COMMENT AND VOTE TOO;)

GIMME ME YOUR POWER STONES TO EMPOWER ME FOR UPDATES LOL😂😅

THOUGHTS ABOUT LINDA AND IZACH'S RELATIONSHIP?

😘

CHAYA.