The Man in Red [Koujaku]

Today I decided to give Koujaku a surprise visit at work. It was late in the morning as usual since I would oversleep. I pulled off the intricately designed blankets and dashed across the tatami floors to my closet in the room next door.

As a woman, it's always hard for me to decide what to wear. After some rummaging, I picked out a beautifully made short kimono, adorned with gold embroideries of dragons and clouds. The designs complimented the kimono's fiery red color.

Running my fingers through my messy hair, I look for the accessory I wanted to wear today. Oh, there it is. On my dresser was a white carnation pin, basking in the midsummer sunlight that entered through the window. It moved from the dresser to my hair, resting above my ear.

The outfit was finished when I put on my black leggings and red flats. Well, it wasn't completely finished. I went out to the front door, where a short katana in a case hung above the wall adjacent to it. Carefully removing it from the wall, I place it in between my belt. You can never go out into the streets without some kind of weapon these days.

~~~

As soon as I walk into the shop, I hear high pitched giggles and squeals.

"KYAAA KOUJAKU-SAN!" Multiple voices cried out. Not again. I could see Koujaku's back turned to me, and I rushed to get to him. I roughly pushed the girls away, some of them yelling in protest.

"Hey! Watch where you're going!"
"Koujaku-san, look at this rude woman!"
"Hey! Move! Koujaku-san!"

"Hm? Oh, that isn't a rude woman. That's my woman." Koujaku turns around with a smile on his face. His charming words tapped on my heart.

"EHHHHH?" All the girls exclaimed. I smiled as the crowd parted to make room for me. Koujaku welcomed me with a hug. He took me into his loving arms, kissing my forehead as I nestled my cheek into his chest.

"AHHHHHHHH!" The girls cried out in dismay, some were angry, some were crying their eyes out.

"You look breathtaking today, (Name)." Koujaku compliments me, his big hand caressing my cheek.

"I made myself look pretty because I came to visit you at the shop today." I proudly state, and Koujaku chuckles at me.

"You look pretty all the time, precious." Koujaku plants a kiss on my lips this time. "Especially when you're in your pajamas."

I blushed hard and Koujaku smirked at me. I didn't wear much when I was sleeping.

"Koujaku! Don't tease me like that, please." I playfully hit his arm and he apologizes with another kiss. I could feel the fangirls burning holes into my back with their eyes.

As Koujaku puts his arm around my shoulder, I take a moment to look at the many scars on his fingers. I reached out and ran my finger over each one of them, but Koujaku recoils quickly.

I look up and see that his eyebrows are slightly upturned, and he bit his bottom lip. His dark eyes flashed with worry, and I could tell he was having a flashback. Smiling warmly, I put his hand in mine and gave him a comforting kiss.

"Ah, thank you.." Koujaku's concerned look disappears.

"Well, I'll be off now. Care to go out tonight?" I ask before leaving the shop to do some errands. Koujaku flashes a ladykiller smile at me and gives a thumbs up.

"Don't mess around with other girls while I'm gone." I firmly tell him before walking out the door.

"Ah..(Name), I would never do that!" Koujaku shouts back as I smirk at him teasingly.

~~~

As soon as Koujaku finished his shift, he burst through the doors and immediately took me out for the evening. We stopped by my favorite noodle place, then walked arm in arm around shops lined down the streets.