Scorpius Malfoy x Reader: Slytherin Brother

You stood with your twin brother, Albus, and your new friend Scorpius. nervously awaiting the sorting. 

You weren't exactly listening, you already knew the four houses, due to your older brother, James. It was nearing your turn, you would be after Albus. 

"Scorpius Malfoy." Headmistress McGonnagall announced. 

No wonder Scorpius hadn't told Albus and you his surname. He was afraid that we'd hate him for being a Malfoy. Everyone knew about the rivalry Albus and your dad had with Scorpius's father. 

The sorting hat barely touched his head before shouting, "Slytherin." 

Albus was taken aback. "Albus what?" You hissed. 

James was very biased towards Gryffindor and he always made Slytherin seem awful. 

You'd never believed him, although mum never argued. Seeing Scorpius put into Slytherin just finalized your thoughts that Slytherin could definitely have good wizards. Dad always said that Albus was named after a great Slytherin man. 

Albus Severus Potter. That was your brother...well your twin brother. Your older brother was James Sirius Potter. And you, you were Y/n Nymphadora Potter. 

"Albus Potter." Headmistress McGonnagall called. 

It might've been the suspense, but Albus's sorting seemed to last for at least an hour before the hat shouted Slytherin. 

You glanced quickly at Gryffindor where James was staring open mouthed at Albus, who stumbled towards the silent Slytherin table. 

You began clapping and it was soon followed by Scorpius and the rest of Slytherin table. The Gryffindors sat dumbfounded but the Hufflepuffs cheered with the Slytherins and the Ravenclaws seemed to be having a debate. 

"Y/n Potter." The Headmistress called for you, still looking between Albus and James, you tripped on the step before having the hat placed on your head and obscuring your vision. 

"I can see the battle in your head." The hat began. "But Slytherin is not the place for you, like it was your twin and your friend." It told you and you couldn't help being a little disappointed. "You've given little thought to Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff. There seems only one choice for you." Before you could argue the hat shouted, "Gryffindor!" And your new house cheered loudly. 

You took a seat beside James and he squeezed your shoulder. 

"At least one of you is with me." He said comfortingly. 

                                                                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been four years since that day. The first two years you had been good friends with Scorpius and Albus. But a rift had grown between you due to your house rivalries. 

Usually you were seen with your cousin Rose and Lorcan Scamander. (Lorcan was sorted into Hufflepuff, Lysander into Ravenclaw)

But one day you caught Albus and Scorpius in the courtyard, talking in hushed voices. 

"Hey guys." You said a little flustered. 

Scorpius turned bright red and Albus gave you a sad smile. "Hey Y/n." 

"I've barely seen you two all year." You said. "Come to think of it, "I haven't seen you much in the past two years." 

Scorpius frowned and nodded, "It's because of our houses." 

You nodded back. "Can't we go back to being friends though. Next Hogsmeade trip, I expect to see you waiting for me by Zonko's." 

With that you turned on your heal and returned to Rose and Molly.