Kassandra x Evie (Different) MODERN AU!

Requested by the lovely Eviening FOREVER ago but I forgot to write it cuz I'm a colossal bitch so.... oops. Sorry it's kinda (very) short, this idea is wayy different from what I normally do, but it's really creative so I tried my best :) Thanks for the request.

 Couldn't find a fanart that included Kassandra and Evie, so please enjoy this very *ahem* sexy picture of Mary Read (hubba hubba 😏) 

Anyhoo, please enjoy!

        "Kass! I'm home!" Evie called as she stepped into the doorway. Evie worked as an attorney, and she typically got home around the same time that her soon-to-be spouse Kassandra had to go to Martial Arts classes. The townhouse that Evie and Kassandra owned was quite small, but it was just enough for the two of them. Evie and Kassandra weren't like most couples. They were  more relaxed, more open with each other. They acted more like friends than like a couple, most days. But Evie wanted their relationship to be a little more different. She wanted them to be special.

        Evie heard Kassandra coming down the stairs in her heavy boots. When Kassandra got to Evie, she wrapped her in a tight hug, and planted a light kiss on her head.

        "Hi baby." Said Kassandra, "I'm gonna go to Krav now. If you need anything, just call me." Evie nodded, and returned the kiss. Kassandra then left the small townhouse, leaving a sighing Evie standing alone in the door's threshold. Evie knew that she was loved by Kassandra, but that wasn't enough. She wanted Kassandra to say  that. She wanted Kassandra to tell her the words I love you. But would asking Kassandra to say those words make her seem needy? Evie sat on the couch and thought about this the whole time Kassandra was gone.

        Finally, Evie heard the keys turning in the door. Evie shot up from the couch and made way for the doorway to greet her partner. Kassandra came into the townhouse, planted another kiss on Evie's forehead, and began to unlace her boots on the floor. The two of them then settled down on the couch together watching TV, Kassandra wrapping her muscular arms around Evie's slightly smaller frame. Evie drew in a deep breath. She was going to ask Kassandra to say it.

        "Kassandra?" Evie asked.

        "Hmm?" Came the reply.

         "Could you say... I love you to me?" Evie reluctantly said, earning a little laugh from Kassandra.

         "I could. But why? You already know that I love you." Kassandra said. Evie freaked out a little.

        "Oh god, do I sound needy? I'm sorry I asked, it's just we've been together so long, and I know that you love me, and I don't know why, but I just really wanted to hear you say it. But I guess now that I asked you to say it, it probably won't really mean anything when you-" Evie was interrupted by Kassandra, who pulled her close.

        "I love you. I should have said it before. I just didn't think that that was the kind of relationship you wanted. I thought you weren't into, you know, love and stuff. But now I know that love is what this relationship needed. And I was going to tell you this later, but I've wanted to become lovers instead of just partners. I want 'us' to be special." Said Kassandra. Evie then pulled Kassandra into a deep kiss, and they both fell asleep on the couch together,  more in love than they ever were before.