06

H-30

Joohyun stared at the calendar on her desk. Only one month. She only have one month left to spend with Taehyung. She rubs her belly while humming to the song Taehyung used to sing for her. Then, she feels the baby kicking.

"i guess you really like this song, tannie?"

"you name it already?", Taehyung voice makes Joohyun's jump in place. "sorry if i surprise you."

"It's okay. Come in.", she welcome him with a smile this time. Though Taehyung couldn't take that positively. This beautiful woman in front of her looks like an angel, but she's actually an evil in disguise. "why are you so pale?"

"hmm?", taehyung looking at her. Scanning her up and down, her face, and her tummy. Her baby. How he wish it was his.

"what do you call it?", he ask shyly. Joohyun always found him cute when he is being like this. Acting aphatic when he secretly care.

"call what?", she smile at him. Why did Joohyun have to be this unearthly pretty?

"that. your tummy.", she point at it using his eyes.

"ah~ tannie?", Taehyung look at the way Joohyun smiling softly while rubbing her tummy.

"hmm.", he examine the woman in front of him right now. she isn't as small as she used to be. but she sure is small for a pregnant woman. "are you sick, Joo?"

"i'm fine, v-ssi. thanks for worrying.", taehyung face turn stoic at the way irene called him. he never heard her called him by his name once ever since they meet again. it's always his stage name. "so today we will go fitting for sooyoung dress and your tux. oh. you don't need to come here actually. we could just meet at the store."

taehyung didn't answer, only staring at her with his stoic face attached.

"let's go then.", she give him a business smile.

taehyung knew that he was the one to start this formality game, this lining game. But he never expect joohyun to follow through even to this extent. she could just ignore her and acts like nothing happened between them.

***

sooyoung was already there when they arrive at the venue. kim yerim was also there, she is taehyung's cousin, the owner of this place.

"hi unnie. how are you?", yerim hug her tightly when she greet her. "how this boy doing, eh?"

"he's fine. how are you?", she ask back eyes switching between yerim and the couple behind her.

she could see sooyoung being so happy asking taehyung's opinion about the dresses. deep down joohyun still questions his feeling up until now. because up until the end of their relationship he hasn't man up, he never truly end things with sooyoung yet he hold her on his palm. so she can't do anything but this.

"unnie?", joohyun turns to yerim once again. she smiles knowing joohyun have space out. "let's see the dresses?"

"uh, sure. sorry about that.", yerim shake her head at joohyun apologizing.

they walk up to the couple who's now bickering about the right dress and tux. having fashionistas as a client sure are hard.

"how about choosing three and decide which one suited you the most?", joohyun suggest, trying to cut everything short for today. then she caught taehyung's worried eyes and give him an-hopefully-assuring smile.

"that's what i've been thinking, unnie.", so she decided which she thought was the best and bring it to the dressing room with yerim following her behind. Leaving taehyung and joohyun for themselves.

"you sure you're okay?", taehyung once again ask her. "you look unusually pale."

"i'm fine. you don't need to...", she lost consciousness before she could even finish her sentence.

thankfully taehyung could catch her before she hit the hard floor. feeling panic he hold her in bridal style and get to his car. as he settle joohyun inside the car, yerim come running from the building.

"what happened? gosh! unnie!", she help taehyung positioning joohyun and fit herself in. soon sooyoung also come and they flew to the closest hospital.

taehyung found himself getting sweaty all over, knowing that joohyun isn't fine. he's worried, of course he is. to be exact he is deadly worried right now. anything could happen to joohyun and her baby. taehyung knows that joohyun have weak immune, and she could fell ill even by fatigue. as his thought running endlessly one of the nurse come to them while the doctor was handling joohyun.

"ms. bae family? are you the husband?"

"yes.", he doesn't even think twice to answer, doesn't even remember his surrounding. He is just dead worried about joohyun right now.

"i need you to fill in this form."

yerim turns to sooyoung, curious of her expression. she did looks taken aback, only for a moment. but her expression return to normal right after. yerim decided to take out her phone and calling jimin about joohyun's condition.

"unnie, i'll be on my phone for a minute. please inform taehyung if he come back."

sooyoung only nod at that. and one thing that yerim know about sooyoung is that she thinks she is really good at hiding her feelings, when some people like yerim could read her easily. she takes one last look at sooyoung and then went aside.

***

taehyung was back to jimin and jungkook waiting in front of joohyun's room. and he could guess that sooyoung and yerim might be inside with joohyun.

"what are you two doing here?", he ask, glaring at the two. "you both can't even take care of joohyun and her child! you should just left her with a babysitter rather than letting her sick like this!"

Jimin scoff, trying to contain his anger. "you should have said that to yourself. you know that joohyun is pregnant, and yet you force her to work nonstop.", jimin stand straight, glaring at taehyung's eyes. "and you don't have any right to talk like that to me!" his glare might kind of affecting taehyung since the younger looks like a lost child right after. he sigh after seeing taehyung looking like a lost puppy and decided to enter joohyun's room.

"i'm sorry.", taehyung said, looking at Jungkook. "i don't mean to."

"you meant it hyung.", jungkook replied, his eyes looks hurt thou he doesn't show any tone of being angry. "you meant every single day of torture she go through."

"kook, you know me. i'm..."

"Hyung, I still respect you as one of my close friend. So, please leave, now."

Taehyung's shoulder went slump at jungkook's words. So he turns away and leave that place.

an :
so, guys~
how do you think about this story so far?
i'm kind of trying to make this get happier but my hands keep bringing the story into a sad plot. so yeah, bear with a few more sadness of vrene?

also, thanks for reading!!!
i love you all😘